Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year

Well we made it to midnight this year... barely! We headed off to bed at 11:50, watched the space needle celebration for a few minutes after the stroke of New Years and then promptly went to sleep.. yep thats the exciting Fecht's for ya! :)

I did manage to get in a ride over the weekend though, it took MUCH self-convincing to get out and go. Not that I didnt want to, but its tough to get motivated when its just plain cold! Wendy, Kathy, Molly & I headed out to Mann Rd and had a really nice afternoon ride in about 28 degree weather. I had not ridden since Red was such a jackass at the Winery Ride, and he of course was back to normal and we enjoyed our leasurely jaunt in the woods. I was a bit suprised with the frozen ground that he did not slip and fall, we rode to the river and had to get through some thick broken ice puddles, interesting...

On New Years Eve Derek and I headed down to Cabelas for the day, we had a couple exchanges to make from Christmas gifts and Derek had a gift certificate to spend. It took a couple hours, but we finally managed to spend every penny we needed and walked out with 3 bags of goodies. On the way home we stopped at Beth Western and spent more than anticipated on a new pair of boots for me. No I was not able to find any cute girl boots that fit, I again had to go with mens, but I like them just fine and am happy to be back to slip on's instead of lace ups. They were very comfy from the second I stood up in them.

Not much news with our puppy children. Cooper finally had his 3rd round of shots, so he is ready to get out in the world. He is doing a lot better about his poddy business still, he had one mistake this past weekend. We still watch him like a hawk, he's not 100% ready to be trusted and he doesnt always go to the front door so we are still up/down a lot with him and bootin him outside when we think he might have to go. I'd say though we are finally past the frustration puppy phase. Russell still doesnt love Cooper, he will not play with him yet at all, someday I hope that changes.

No comments: