Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Love the New Car Smell

Yep, I get to experience the NEW CAR Smell Daily! :)

We've been contemplating buying another small commuter car for myself, to take miles off the truck and save on fuel. We have been spending $500/month on fuel just for the truck (the gas mileage on it SUCKS SUCKS!!) and the wear and tear on the truck was really bothering us. We want to have a strong reliable truck to haul our horses and camper around.

So we started looking at cars.. quickly ruled out Chevy as their cars felt very cramped inside. We ended up buying a Ford Focus, hatchback version.

It's super cute! But we didnt buy it because it was cute... Our first criteria was good gas mileage, this one will get up to 40mpg. 2nd criteria was roomeyness inside when we both were sitting in the car, our arms dont really overlap or touch when inside. And 3rd, the payment had to be under a certain amount, they made that happen.

So we have a new car! Our monthly car payment and fuel cost will be very close to the outgo we were spending just in fuel for the truck, but we will spend a little more every month to have the car because of the auto insurance expense, but it is worth it in the long run... I am always panicky when getting into a new damn auto loan, I drive Derek crazy with my crazyness! He just shakes his head and tells me to relax and calm down, and all will be fine.. always is! But I still get anxious about the whole thing, even though our budget says we can handle it.. problem is staying within budget monthly! LOL

I think one of my favorite features of the car is that my cell phone is connected to the radio system, so when a call comes in, I can voice command answer the call and I'm talking through my stereo and hearing the person through my car speakers! Its kinda cool... :) I can also voice command call people too!!

No comments: