Monday, May 7, 2012

Spokane Vaca...

Not sure 3 days is a vacation, but I'll take it.. We headed over to Spokane Friday morning to visit with family and friends, spent the weekend at Rick & Kristens place. Got to see Rob & Alicia as well as Derek's brother Dee and his wife and daughter who happened to be in town at the same time. We attempted to go bowling Friday evening but the bowling alley was pretty dumpy.. the house balls were dented, dinged and scratched SOO badly, they actually made wobbling, warped noises as they rolled down the alley. We started out using our own balls but soon realized they were all coming back with scratches so ended the first game with house balls then left.. it was not a good place!

Saturday we ran some errands, the guys did a little target practice at an indoor range, we met up later with the whole gang to do some bowling at a much better bowling alley, but i'm not sure what was up with me, cuz I bowled the worst I've ever bowled in my life! I couldnt even break 70!! it was really sad and pathetic, I had to go back to my old light ball because the other one was just feeling too heavy. Saturday night we met up with Toni at the races in Airway Heights.. Really enjoyed that track and had a good time there.. It was COLD and Windy, but the races were pretty good and only $4 to get in!!

Visited more with Toni then my x-coworker Greg Sunday morning and then headed back home. A short visit, but much needed time away. One thing we have realized about Cooper (and possibly Ellie as well) is that they LOVE paper!! A couple weeks ago we came home from work to find shreds of cardboard.. there was one small piece that said "Fed" on it, so we knew it had been a fedex priority envelope that was sent to us. As I was not expecting anything, I had to call Fedex to find out who sent me a package, come to find out it was our home loan bank, and upon calling them they had no idea what was sent to me! Whatever it was, it was delicious as there was hardly a trace of it ever existing at our house!! :) And apparently while we were gone, the dogs must have eaten the instructions I had left on the counter because mom said they were there Friday evening, but GONE Saturday morning..

No comments: