Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Quick Update

Just a quick update.. feels like we've been busy but looking back on the calendar, I can hardly recall whats been going on! I think this blog is more a diary for myself than anything else because if I dont document what I do, then I'll never remember. My memory cells must be dissappearing.. seriously!

I've gotten in a few really great rides on Willie in the past few weeks, been riding every weekend and he is doing so awesome! I was really unsure how he would work out, but I am 99% confident he is going to work out just fine.. He gets better with every ride and I find I am very relaxed on him and just enjoying myself! I really am starting to love him :)

I drove a friend down to Pendleton OR a couple weeks ago to pick up her horse, that was a fun day trip. I prepared myself and forced myself to go to bed early the week prior, so I would be well rested for the drive down and back! It was a 14 hr day and I had zero drowsyness problems.. I did good!! Not like me at all to make such a long trek and stay wide awake.. good company I guess too :)

This past Saturday was Dereks annual family reunion at Lk Wenatchee.. He had to work on Saturday morning until 10am, but we were able to make it over for a few hours. Almost everyone this year just came over for the day (although some didnt come at all), but it was nice that many made the effort to continue on with the tradition. Next year we intend to camp our normal 4 days over there, this year it was tough with Derek's new job and the OT they have been asking of him lately. The company is selling so he doesnt want to ruffle any feathers by taking extra days off right now. It was pretty hot over there, I wanted to swim SOOOO bad! I waded out about thigh deep and had Cooper on his leash so he could swim.. I was just itchin to jump in and swim out deep with him but I held back and just let him swim circles by me. It was nice visiting and I can hardly wait til next year.

No comments: