Friday, September 28, 2012

Other Updates

While at the ladies ride, a friend was inquiring on Edgar and how he was doing, indicating she wished the timing had worked out for her to have him since she will soon be in the market for a new trail horse.  It got me thinking and wondering if Jen/Timbre still wanted to keep him.  I knew they were headed towards divorce and since Timbre did not ride and that is who Edgar was supposed to be for, maybe she would consider giving him back to me.  Well I sent Jen a text and sure enough she was worried about the upcoming winter and how to feed 3 horses and after a week of consideration, gave him back.

I drove out to pick him up on Labor Day and was I glad I did.. he looked terrible!  :(  He was a solid 200 pounds under weight..  he looked like the run-down version of black beauty; but I kept my mouth shut and thanked her for giving him back and took him home.  It was amazing, after 1 week of food in him, he was already 100x's better looking and now its been 3 weeks and he is looking pretty darn good.  He needs the muscle tond for sure built up, but I am much happier.  My friend Tricia is not sure when/if she will ever be ready to take him so for now he is with us and we just are not sure what to do with him.  He's not ready to be placed with anyone else quite yet...  After that disaster of knowing he got so thin and suffered, we are a bit more leary now about doing that again!  I dont really want to own 3 horses as we dont need 3 horses, the mess the feed the bills.....  so it's a dilema and we are not ready to face facts and come to a decision so for now, he is with us getting fat and happy again and sometime down the road we'll have to consider the options. 

The neighbor Suzi was coming over and working with him, she seems interested in riding him and working him, her mom tells me she was upset over the summer not having our horses home for her to come play with, but I dont know if I see the drive in Suzi to come over and do whats necessary to get Edgar back into condition.  I'd love it if she did,  I want to teach her how to do things, but I dont know if I see a real interest there in learning...  maybe she is just really really shy still and uneasy at my place.. not sure.

Derek's job is doing alright, the company just had an ownership change last week so things are up in the air and who knows where this will lead him..  So far the only thing he has lost is the 401k benefits but they may get reinstated at a lower employer contribution rate.  My job never changes, same bore just another day.

Oh the goat, Mo!   We took him in for his 6 week checkup, he got the cast off and the x-ray was done..  one of the bones set perfectly, the other slipped and is not fusing properly back together.. it is fusing.. side by side!  His back leg will be an inch or so shorter than his other 3 legs as the bone has started to callus and form new bone, too late to fix it!  He still has to stay confined another 4 weeks, give the bones time to form a solid new bone.  He is doing really good and seems happy even though he still doesnt get to move around at all.

No comments: