Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Drama Drama Drama

This has turned into the week of Drama and I'm ready for my brain to shut down; however it is not cooperating!  I love gossip and drama, just not when it is directed at me.  We've been dealing with a bit of family drama the past couple weeks that I am curious, nervous, scared and a little hopeful to see how it all turns out, but it does not directly affect me.  Then there's been the personal drama that I am smack dab in the middle of, circulating around me this week and this is why my brain is in overload.  Feel like a mental patient just starring off blankely, feel like Charlie Browns parents (whah whah wha wha wha whah), feel like the monotone commercial guy that says "dry eyes...."    Thank goodness for good friends to help me smile and move forward.  Then there is the animal drama..  took Willie and Edgar to an arena last night so my friend Rachel could give her niece a lesson.  She was going to ride Willie.  Well her niece is just too young and inexperienced to be off the leadline, so Rachel spent the first part of the lesson on the ground leading Sophia around while I got on Willie to warm him up.  He was a complete ass, nearly dumped me at one end of the arena while almost running through another horse that was being lunged.. Thank god what balance I do have stuck with me and I was able to get him under control and kept him from colliding with the other horse.. Poor gal that was lunging her horse looked a bit scared when she saw crazy Willie headed towards her horse!   So I decided my mindset was already in a bad place and to avoid wanting to kill my horse, I rode him a few more minutes then got off and swapped with Rachel.. He did fine with her, she kept him moving.  She's a good rider and has great balance and enjoyed working with him so I was happy to let her do it.  My brain was telling me to sell him, give him away, ditch him...  I was thankful she was there to fill in when my head clearly was in no mood to ride.

Derek and I have been fairly occupied lately, always something going on.  He started hiking with Lance a few weeks ago, they've been on a couple good hikes so far and he loves it.  Our dog club is starting to get active again now that hunting season is over, we've got a lot of weekends planned out already for the summer between the horse club and dog club, as well as 2 family reunion camping trips this year!  Our dog club is hosting 2 major events this year that we will be very involved with, a Duck Dog Challenge in Mid May and then 2 weeks later a Hunt Test..  should be interesting since it will be our first events and we are new to being involved in things like this, but should be fun too!!  Oh and thats another area of drama is this hunting retriever club we are part of..  there is some bad blood between a few board members of our club and the board members of another local club (although our members have taken the high road and are trying to move on)... unfortunately the other club is pushing their big wig weight around back east and keeping us from getting our affiliation with the main HRC club and its been a challenging, frustrating, eye opening adventure to be involved with.  Derek and I have become fairly involved now in this process of trying to move forward and get our affiliation.

Sometimes I wish I were a drinking person so I could just use that excuse to put the shit behind me and just go have a drink!!

No comments: