Thursday, November 14, 2013

15%

I decided in order to get my head back in the weight loss game, I needed to restart weight watchers!  I had been debating when to officially get that ball rolling, when I received a promotional email from ww, offering me 1/2 off my first 3 months if I joined now.. so I did!  :)  What a deal...  lol

Last week I attended my first meeting.  At the hospital the morning of my surgery, I had been weighed, so I had a decent idea of where I was at.  But it had been 11 days, I was not eating really good (mind you Halloween had just come/gone a few days earlier.. so I was expecting to be up maybe 5 pounds..  I mean typically you weigh the least at 5:30 in the morning compared to 6pm in the afternoon.  Weight can/will fluctuate by a few pounds throughout the day.  So when I stepped on the scale, I was hoping to be down a total of 50 pounds, was crossing my fingers I was not down any less than 48..  But reality was that I was down 55.2 pounds!!  Holey Moley..

Whoohoo was how I felt..  Somehow I continue to loose a little bit of weight even when I'm not trying very hard.  Derek says my metabolism is kicked in, my body is working for me and not against me and is learning how to digest properly etc..  Whatever the case.. it's awesome!    It was really nice to see a few familiar faces at the meeting, and they were friendly and welcomed me warmly.  Only 1 person in my meeting knew why I had left and she didnt ask.  The check-in gals knew why I had left as well, and they didnt ask either..  just smiled and one welcomed me with a hug!  :)

This past week, I was not tracking very well..  being lazy about that and although I'm making much better choices than a year ago, still not making great choices.  Amazingly I was down another .6 pounds!  What is going on.  The awesome part of that is that I have now lost a total of 15% exactly from my starting point..

I can see it in my face for sure..  I dont see it at all when I look at myself naked from my neck down in the mirror!!  lol   I feel it in my waist when I put on my super duper baggy jeans and I can tell when the dog gets in my lap for loving, because there is now a lap and room for him to actually sit!  hehe  I've been debating when to purchase new pants, there are some shirts I no longer wear because they are way too big, but for the most part my shirts are all still acceptable.  My jeans are so baggy that I can hardly stand to wear 1/2 of them because I constantly have to pull them up every 5 feet, literally!  The other day at the grocery store, I had to pull them up to my boobs just to get them to stay up..  of course this was under my shirt!  lol

9 years ago when we lived with my parents while we were searching for a house to buy, I had asked for some Wranglers and received 2 pairs.  They were the exact size I had asked for, but they ran a little small in the waist for some reason and never did fit.  I was embarrassed and never did tell my mom as I didnt want her to have to buy me larger sizes..  so I kept the jeans hanging in my closet for 9 years, wondering IF I would ever fit in them.  A month ago I tried to put them on and it was not happening.  3 days ago I tried again..  I fit in these damn jeans finally!!!  What an awesome feeling that was..  so I now have jeans that dont make me feel ugly because they are so big, my ass is tight in them and not droopy, I can see that my legs look skinnier in them, and I feel good.  I know I have a super long ways to go..  but I'll keep pluggin along on this lifelong journey to a healthier me!

No comments: