Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Love my Family

Nothing reminds you how much you love your family until a new member is added!  We got the call Monday late afternoon that Andrea's water had broken..  We decided to stay home until she was further along, which meant getting a 3:45am wake up call to head to the hospital.  An hour after we got there, she started pushing and 2 hours later at 7:20am on Tues Dec 17th, baby Tucker James Johnson was born  :)  6lbs 12oz, 18" long.

And he is perfect!  Beautiful precious baby.  Mom and Debbie were practically pacing the waiting room area like momma hens who's babies were suddenly out of sight!  Mom kept trying to hear things by pressing her ear against the door.

I'm anxious already to watch this little guy grow up and to just be around him and love on him..  wanted to hug and squeeze and kiss him all over, but I restrained myself.  Besides, I'll let him get a fresh bath in before I'm kissing anyone else's baby the day it is born!  lol

I was experiencing some feelings of annoyance and irritation at times throughout the wee early hours of the morning.. not sure if it was lack of sleep or my own hormones reacting in a weird way or a subconscious feeling or sense about myself from our own experiences this year in trying to have a baby.

No matter how I'm feeling, nothing takes away from the excitement and joy of holding my first ever nephew!!  I'm so thankful to have a job and boss that allows for last minute call-ins so I can be with my family as we celebrate the arrival of Baby Tucker.




No comments: