Monday, July 21, 2008

Almost there.......

I can taste it.. I am still trying to keep my emotions under control. I should be packing up my bedrooms at my parents, but that is too overwhelming to think about! :) Finishing touches should be done today and I'm still hoping for final inspection tomorrow...... I'm nervous! Whats up with that. I'm really excited though.

Derek and I worked on clearing our fence line this weekend. Wow, we own a lot further into the brushy area than we both expected. We got a clear straight line though, unfortunately 3 or 4 trees are gonna have to come down. Dammit! That means more money out of our wallets.. grrrrr They are too close to the neighbors garage to do it ourselves, we called a guy that works at Dels actually, he does it on the side. I'm hoping he can come out sooner than later, we dont have time to wait, we have to get the trees out so we can build a fence. The side over where we cleared looks really nice though. I'm excited to get a fence up and then clean up the crappy brush and leave the rest natural, it will look really good. We can totally see through to the neighbors parking area, that part I dont care for, but once the fence is up and maybe more ferns will come in, then it will be fine.

Derek tore down 1/2 the shack that was left to come down. I think once we get all our burning done, it will look soooo much better. I'll have to take a pic of the mess before and after..

Andrea's wedding shower was yesterday, that was very nice. She has some fantastic friends that are very caring and thoughtful and gave her some special handmade gifts. I had to fight back tears a few times, thought a lot about Carrie yesterday. I still think about her every day but this wedding has me thinking a lot more about her lately. It's tough to get through this w/o her. I feel sad for Eric, although he doesnt verbalize it, I know how hard this is for him to go through w/o her as well. I only hope I can give him enough sisterly love to help him through. At the shower, we had to write down some thoughts on pretty paper that will be put into a book for Eric & Andrea, a very thoughtful idea. I did 3 of them. I got teased about being a perfectionist or whatever, but I dont care... I wrote one from me, then a general one that just said "Live Laugh Love" because that reminds me of Carrie and I hope it does the same for them. And then I wrote down a few thought to them of how Carrie is so proud of them and happy they found true love and to remember that the light of Carries life will forever shine down on their marriage. I hope they like it.

No comments: