Friday, July 18, 2008

Carpet means... almost the end!

So the word carpet does not mean the end as I was earlier misled.. lol We have carpet, but we don't have water in our sinks, a toilet in the main bathroom, or lights in the living or dining area. Oh they are getting finished, between today and Monday. Come Monday, I will have a completed house.. well that is the plan. Come Tuesday, I plan to have final inspection, come Wed I plan to start moving things into my new home!! I know, I know.. dont get my hopes up.

So the kitchen island is in, looks great. We just LOVE our countertops. The WALL is FIXED!!! And it was done before carpet, so all that persistantcy (sp?) paid off and we got what we wanted. Schmuck Barry, I just saw a man with his tail tucked between his legs, but he did make sure it was fixed before carpet, probably didnt hurt that I told him if Carpet showed up on Wed and the wall was not fixed, I was lockin the doors and keeping them out! lol :) Oh shit, bitch factor came in for just a minute there when we were talkin with Barry earlier this week. But I'm not complainin, cuz I have a better house because of it.

So Wed, Derek and I were hanging around waiting for the carpet guys to show up. Clark, the guy that has the carpet crew, oh and Shana knows who he is (wink, wink) well anyways, he called and said they were still coming out but he wasnt sure how far they would get on it. 9:30pm!! that is what time these guys pull in the driveway and can you believe come Thursday morning when Derek went to the house, the carpet was ALL done and they did a great job! wow, now that is hard work.

So Derek calls me Thursday morning and is kinda quiet on the phone.. I'm like "WELL, HOW DOES IT LOOK! :)" he's like, "well you'll be able to see all of Russells hair on the ground, uhh it's pretty dark, (sceptical voice tones), I guess it will grow on me hopefully, the carpet does not look good with our bedroom color..." I was freakin out ALL F ' in DAY! I was stressed, worried.. did we go way too dark. I knew we picked dark brown, crap its too late to fix it.. shit what are we going to do... So I drive home with all this anticipation. I had been waiting all day to see this terrible carpet. I open the door.... BAM! I love it! :) Yes it is dark, very dark. But I like it. It warms up the house, color ties in well with our walls and the kitchen colors, there is enough natural light coming through our huge windows that it doesnt feel dark inside, the bedroom looks just fine. I am glad he made it seem terrible cuz then my hopes were WAY low. Derek was very relieved to hear that I liked it. He'll like it lots more now that he knows I really like it. If you dont like it and think it's too dark, well too bad.. lol

What else... hmmmmm Oh our yard is coming in great. Here is a pic after about 2 weeks from planting. I have a very nice looking yard now, it is patchy, and the best grass is under the tree where all the shade is. But the rest will come in. I actually mowed yesterday! It is the nicest part of our backyard, the rest needs soooo much work. I made a list on Wed of all the projects we need to do, 2 pages! Lots and Lots. It will be much easier doing them while living there.

Oakley update: His knee is still swollen but I did take him to the vet last week and had some fluid sent to the lab and it came back very clean. So nothing really left to do but excersize him and really deeply massage his knee. Not that I have had time, I need to go out today and work with it cuz I have not seen him since Tuesday and today is Friday! Bad mommie...

Softball: We had a tournament last weekend (July 12th). Played down in Puyallup. The guys won their first game, lost the second, won the 3rd, won the 4th, won the 5th and won the 6th!! Went home with first place.. that was exciting and fun. The day was warm, so I was under the umbrella all day pretty much. George & Rachel & Samantha spent the day with us, watching the games. It was great having them there, I know Derek really enjoys that. After the games, we left the park at about 8pm, grabbed some pizza and went to G & R's home in Covington and ate dinner and watched the movie "I am Legend" HOLLY CRAP.. I did not realize the movie was considered a thriller..shit I was expecting a good drama/action type movie.. I was clentching my jaw, heart was racing a few times.. GREAT movie though. Had me a little freaked out.. :)

Here's a pic of our entryway into our home. We bought the red rock, will end up putting more of that down in other places too, we really like the rock. And the kitchen too.. Pics are way behind, I have carpet and my kitchen is all done, and the yard is growing, so I will take new pics this weekend and update.

No comments: