Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wedding & Softball & Bachelorette Party...

First want to start off with my Brother's Wedding! OMG, it was the best event and I had such a great time. I am sooo very happy for Eric & Andrea. The pic is one taken prior to them getting married, they are such a beautiful couple. The past few weeks have been stressful in preperation for this wedding. I was asked to speak during the Ceremony! What a great honor to be a part of the ceremony.

I do not think ANYONE had any complaints. It was truly a great party/reception! I really enjoyed getting to know some of their friends a little better and watching everyone dance was just a blast. It was the happiest day I have had since Carrie's wedding. I was emotional all day of course, watching them dance for the first time... How can you not cry. Some of the family and friends had a tough time as well off/on throughout the day/evening, but that was more about Carrie than the wedding. We all felt the void of not having her there for sure.

I am learning every day how to keep moving forward and talking about it certainly helps. I had a fantastic chat with Andrea's mom Debbie on Friday morning. Her & I had about 30 minutes of alone time before the rest of the girls showed up that day, that was really nice. A bunch of Andrea's friends came over Friday morning to Debbie's place and we spent 5 hours putting together flowers! Oh My, what a mess we made.. lol We made 6 bridesmaids bouqets, 1 bride bouquet, 2 tossing bouquets, maybe 1 other bouquet. Then we made 22 boutaneers! Then we filled 25 vases with flowers. Then we made up another 30 misc large bouquets to be tied to the isle seats, and there were STILL some flowers leftover that were put into a bucket for decoration. After the flowers, we all went and had pedicures done and some of us had manicures, I was one of them. I did not get my left hand Thumbnail done, I cut myself pretty badly Friday morning decorating a "BOOB" cake for my brother's gettogether later that night. I'll post a pic of that later! It was cute..

Anyways, the wedding was Fantastic if I have not made that clear already!

Last weekend, we had a softball touranment in Puyallup. It was the State Tournament on Friday night and Saturday. We spent the night in Kent with our Friends George & Rachel. It was nice staying down there and not having to drive all the way home Friday night. We played a game Fri night, Lost! Won our next 2 games on Saturday, then lost the 4th game. I believe we came in 6th, I think there were like 17 teams. Not too shabby. I did not complain, I actually kinda wanted the guys to loose that last game because I was supposed to be in Seattle meeting up with Andrea and her friends and my cousins for the bachelorette party.

It all worked out, we lost the game and left the field immediately. Derek dropped me off at aunt Dena's place and me, Shana and Jen hitched a ride to Buca D Beppo in Seattle for dinner. We were late, but just in time to eat. We then went back to the hotel the girls had rented rooms at, had some drinks, listened to music, hung out. It was fun, laughing and such. A couple guys showed up very briefly to give Andrea a couple impromptu lap dances, they were friends of one of the girls. We then left and taxi'd over to Capital Hill in Downtown to go to the Drag Show! It was a BLAST! The show started at 10pm and was really really fun. I drank and drank, drank too much is what I did. After the show, we walked a ways to a club. I was pretty toasted and close to passing out. I, along with a few others sat in a back corner booth and just hung out waiting. The club was packed, it was crazy. Not my scene really, but everyone else had a great time there. The lights turned on at 2am. Shana, Jen and I hitched a cab back to Dena's while the rest of the girls went back to the hotel. They stayed up and partied more apparently, I was way too tired to make it any later. I had spent all day at the softball fields, had been up since about 6am, so I was done. I almost puked on the cab ride home, fell asleep/passed out in Dena's luxury bed and woke up the next morning with a bombshell headache! Derek drove down and picked me up and we spent the day doing errands non-stop all day. Went to bed that night around midnight I think it was, it was a crazy long weekend...

Off to bed I go.. what the hell. It is 11:55pm on Sunday night. I need sleep.....

No comments: