Wednesday, August 18, 2010

2 Hot 2 Function..

that was the case this past weekend.. mid-high 90's.. ugghhh

We didnt quite have the gumption to get our asses out of bed as early as we should have to beat the heat, knowing we had work to get accomplished outside. We managed between Sat & Sun mid mornings, to get all the t-posts pulled out of our pasture and seperate all the field fence wire.. why? so we can start the process of building our permanent fencing.. finally!

I am tired of having the horses away from home, we have decided that next year, the horses will stay home with us most of the year, which means we will be feeding hay year round. That is the tough part because I get free pasture, so why pay to feed what I can get for free? Well it just sucks owning my own place and not having the boys home with us. We may occassionally take them to my parents to eat down their grass now that the fencing and clearing is finished, but other than that.. we want 'em home! It will still be a few weeks before we get it all finished, taking down the old fence was really only about 1/5 of the work to be done. I'm just hoping for 70 degree days vs 95.. We just melt when it gets that hot and have zero motivation to do anything other than waste gas driving around in the air conditioned truck!

It should be interesting to see how Ellie reacts to having the horses around. It will be a while before she can go in the pasture with them.. I certainly dont want her to become a pancake! This morning I found a dookie in the back bedroom.. it had clearly been there a day or two.. lol Not funny really, my dog shit in the house and I didnt catch it, oh well what can ya do.

I have been out for a couple rides without Derek lately.. he's had other plans so I went out with Gerri (Red's owner) and then my friend Rachel (highschool re-connect friendship). They both rode Red, so I was able to ride Edgar... I joked with a friend (Shannon) that Edgar has become 'man'ified.. he's stiff as a board, is not soft and supple like a woman would have her horse. He turns and stops just fine, just in a more gruff manner now.. I'm sure Edgar prefers Derek's style of riding though, a little more laid back and less demanding. :)

I'm excited for the weekend, our annual horse club Ladies Ride. My cousin Shana is going with me, although I do feel a little bad that I am not allowing her to sleep in the camper with me! I told her I kinda wanted it to myself so she will have to tent it... lol I dont think she minds, I think she will enjoy having her own "space" as well, but she will be welcome to come in and we can play cards or chat etc.. I just love sleepin in the buff on hot camping nights and I'm not givin that up.. LOL Dont ever open my camper door in the morning without knocking, you might just stumble upon a full moon in the light of the morning sun!

No comments: