Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thanks Gerri!!

I almost forgot.. Want to give a big shout out to Gerri! Thanks so much for trusting that Red is in a great home with me.. :)

Gerri (who I've been leasing Big Red from) called last week, I started to worry as she wanted to talk about Red and I thought maybe she wanted him back.. Well I'm sure she would love to have him back if she had the time and ability to ride/work with 3+ horses! ;) She called to ask how it was going, if I was happy with him etc..

She decided to sign him over to me, so I now "own" Red! I knew while leasing that he would be mine (most likely) as long as I wanted him, but I always told people he was Gerri's horse and always had her in the back of my mind with the decisions I made regarding Red. Not that anything will change now that I own him, but I really do feel the difference in my head. I think this will help me form a better/stronger bond with him, I already feel like I look at him different when I go out to feed, I know I sound like a cookey-bird! I am very THANKFUL to Gerri for the Great Horse I now own and look forward to lots of miles on the trails in the time to come.

No comments: