Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cooper Update

Apparently Cooper is doing very well still with training! Always nice to know your hard earned money is not being wasted.. I wonder if that's how parents feel of their college bound kids. :) Trainer is happy with his progress and feels he has good character and disposition. We are happy but miss him very much. I think Ellie misses him too, she is so much more playful with us now, she has more bound up energy now too. I finally picked up the "dogs" yard, filled the lawnmower cart with rocks, sticks and plastic the dogs had dug up from the mound.. was able to mow that yard area for the first time all year!

The other night Ellie was very restless in their crate, so I let her outside.. she did not want to come back in the house; considering it was midnight I was not about to argue with her, so I shut the gate in the entryway and left her there for the rest of the night. At some point later that night, I vaguely heard our bedroom door rattling.. didnt wake up enough to comprehend that there was no breeze in our bedroom to cause the door to rattle! lol I just let it go on for a while until finally I woke Derek and asked him to get up and check the door, well he found miss Ellie sitting outside our door waiting to come in. Yep, she jumped the entry way gate! And the next day when I left for work and shut the gate behind me, well we came home to Ellie in the wrong side of the house, so she officially learned to jump out. Damn!!! So now she gets her way and has rule of the roost while we are gone at work, we'll see how well she does. I know Russell is super happy, I'm just concerned Ellie will get into more trouble than she knows what to do with.

Dexter's cut/stitches are doing great. I have not spent much time with him lately, I'm a little concerned about being able to cut the stitches out, if he will let me get close enough to him to do it. Got the vet bill in the mail the other day :(

No comments: