Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bowling Update

I dont get to bowl weekly, but when I do get to bowl, I'm still doing pretty good! My average is only 114, but with the new ball that Jennifer gave to me, I'm starting to increase that average every week by about 5 pins.

I also started throwing the ball in a more proper way.. previously I would throw a straight ball with a backwards flip, meaning the back of my hand would be facing the pins when I released the ball, instead of the palm. Now with this heavier, better ball, I now throw so that the ball has a little curve on it and instead of aiming for the pins, I now know what it feels like to ignore the pins and aim for the arrows! Its a whole new world to me... foreign, but I'm figuring it out.

I know where I need to put the ball idealy to attempt to get a strike, its the spares I still have to work on perfecting my curve and knowing where to place the ball etc. My highest score to date is 161, that was throwing the light ball the wrong way.

My highest score with my new ball is 156 and I hope to make that my average some day! I'd love to break a 200, not sure that is going to happen anytime soon, but I am trying.

No comments: