Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Horse #1

Although I had a good ride on the horse I tried out on Saturday, he's not for me. He was only about 16.1 (not 17H) but he wasnt built like I want in my next horse. I had a nice ride on him, he is a good solid trail horse it seemed so I felt bad for turning him down, but I want the whole package and he just didnt have it.

I returned Red on Saturday morning before the test-ride. I've since heard from Gerri and Red seems very happy to be back home with her and I'm happy for them both. He loves Gerri and she loves him, so it's only right that he be with her.

I think I found horse #2 that I would like to go try out. It is a mare... never thought I'd buy a mare again, but I am trying to stay open minded about this process. She is a 16.2H Appy, built like a tank her ad says. I spoke with her owner, she sounds very well trained, has some trail experience, although no mountain camping experience but is spook free and a solid horse. She is not an alpha mare, she just needs an owner that will not treat her like a big puppy dog. She is only about 2 hours away so that is nice and close enough. I hope to go down in about 10 days and maybe take a friend so we can go out on a trailride. I'm not getting hopes up too much, but I am excited to try her and see how it goes.

No comments: