Monday, April 30, 2012

Time to Ride..

I've been out and on my horse Willie a few times now, he is doing good. The more I ride him, the less I question my decision on buying him. Slowly but surely he's comin around! He still has issues and gets spanked, but nothing I am too concerned about anymore. Yesterday we got out for my first trail ride on him, he was very relaxed and easy going, carried his head level and seemed to pay attention to what he was walking over, through and around. A little ouchy on the rocky areas even with shoes on, one little spook but otherwise a nice hour ride. I think in the next 30 days he really is going to be an old pro and just about what I had hoped he would be.

Here are a few pics of him when Shannon took him out on his first ever trail ride. He was ponied at first, then ridden by her son Klay for the second half of the ride. I am told that he is more relaxed on the trail than in the arena, a good sign!

Shannon says he is always posing for the camera, the only f*ing vein horse she knows.. as she says it! lol

Derek & I also went out and watched some cow sorting down the road from Shannon's.. Definately something we plan to do with our horses!! Derek is excited and wants me to find a used rope so he can start playing around with that.

Just as I am thinking all these positive thoughts about my horse, I get a text that he kicked another horse.. He's not real keen on being around other horses, have had to get after him for threatening to charge another while under saddle.. He just likes getting his ass kicked I guess! :)

No comments: