Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy 40th Continued..

Fish On.. Fish On.. Fish On..  That was the sound of 16 of our friends and family catchin fish on the Hula Girl, May 21st!!  The boat caught 40+ ling cod and probably 130+ rock fish aka sea bass..  meaning we drove home with about 25 pounds worth of filets to fill our freezer.. yummy yummy.  My sister-in-law had to almost ruin it for me and informed me though that bottom fish (which is what we were catching) has worms and now I'm a little more than leary and a bit grossed out about eating the fish..  I guess they are easy to pick out and as long as you cook the fish fully, its not a problem, I just need to look for them... Thanks Andrea!!!    ;)

Derek & Eric wanted to ensure a successful trip, so in Deadliest Catch fashion, they bit the heads off some herring and a great trip indeed is what we had!!

I think this picture about sums it up
Derek and I both caught our fair share, about 15 fish each.  At one point I had 3 sea bass on at one time, that was cool.  We were so glad so many friends could make it out, it really made the trip that much more fun and special.  We plan to now continue and restart the tradition of going out yearly on the Hula Girl!!  Maybe one year we'll splurge and do a Halibut trip..


This is Derek & the captain Steve..  This is the same captain Derek grew up fishing with, so it was really great for Derek to be back on the boat.
 

No comments: