Friday, June 7, 2013

Willie's Final Post

A few weeks ago, I took Willie to our horse club Breakfast ride for the day, wanted to get out for a nice ride, see how he would do with his new shoes and our first real trail ride.  I invited Suzi to ride Edgar, thought she would enjoy it.  We loaded up the horses and just as I was about to put the truck in gear, I hear and feel BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG.. I probably turned immediately red and full of rage, I was flustered as I tried to put the truck into park (because it already was in park!), flew open the truck door yelling WILLIE KNOCK IT OFF, flew open the horse trailer door and proceeded to kick Willie a few times as he stood tied in the trailer!!  Gave myself a few seconds, opened the divider gate, spanked him as I backed him out of the trailer, spanked him some more outside the trailer and then stood there again to calm myself as Derek came flying out of the house and Suzi's dad ran over from across the street to ensure all was OK at the Fecht's house!

I was sooo flippin angry at that horse.  OMG!  I closed the divider wall, put Willie in the far back section, noticed a couple of new huge dents in the trailer, got in the truck, turned the cool air on and drove off.  Not a great way to start my day!  :)  My internal body temp did not cool down until we got to I5.  Poor Suzi didnt even get out of the truck during all the commotion, she knew it was best to stay quiet and out of the way.  lol

I was still angry at Willie as I watched him stand tied to the trailer while we socialized and ate breakfast at the tree farm.  He was pawing and then trying to kick Edgar..  I got on finally and he was antsy, acting up a little but after about 10-15 minutes, he was his normal laid back quiet trail self.  We had a nice ride, he didnt limp at all and the day ended well.  The next day, Willie was a tiny bit "off" but not lame, so I was pretty happy about that.

I finally got him listed online for $900, had some interest but nothing serious.  I had been waiting to take new pictures and to get video, but decided I was tired of waiting and what I had would have to work!  After a couple weeks of stressing about him and just realizing that it was not likely I would recover much money, I decided to give him away.  I had already lost over $5k in cash this past year, so what was a few hundred more.. wasnt worth the stress of trying to make a few bucks.  There was one gal in Kennewick that had already been emailing with me about him, and when I decided Free was the new price tag, she thought on it for 24hrs and decided to give it a go.  With my schedule and hers, I ended up bringing Willie to work with me a week ago and left him untied in the trailer while he waited.  She showed up mid day, took him home, her name is Heather and she just LOVES LOVES LOVES Willie!!   :)  He is fitting in well with her mares, she has ridden him, he is sweet and lovey and she is very happy.  Which makes me happy and the weight has been lifted.  I know I did the right thing for him and for me and I hope she continues to enjoy him for the many many years to come.

I finally just within the past day or so, have started to feel the itch to ride.  I am not 100% ready to jump into a new horse, I still have some major reservations about buying again, but I want a horse.  I want to ride.  I also want to enjoy this time while I am horseless to get a few things done around the place that desperately need doing!  I think Derek thinks we are taking the entire year off from horses, and who knows.. maybe it will be the year.  But if the right horse comes along, I cant see myself turning it down.  ;)

No comments: