Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Technology is on the Rise....

Well it is in our house anyways! Last night we had to drive a job Derek worked on to Lynnwood. As we're driving along I thought "hmm, good time to call a friend" but as I'm looking at my phone it is telling me "Insert SIM card!" W.T.Hell!!

For a few months my phone has been acting very BiPolar like! I say that because the damn thing's battery would last for one day, barely. The wall charger was not working or charging it for 2 days, so I took the charger and the phone to work and what do you know, it worked just fine there. Every now/then it would show NO bars, when I was clearly in a location that got service all the time. At home, it never rang anymore, just went to voicemail when someone called HOWEVER, the reception was just fine, I could make calls all day long in my house with perfect clarity. So back to yesterday, it is telling me to insert something that is already inserted and was never taken out! I finally messed with it long enough (15 minutes while driving.. bad Piper, bad Piper!) and it came back on, I made a call to AT&T to find out if I was eligible for new phones, Yeah we were... then it shut itself off immediately after the call and it struggled to come back on.

After we dropped off the car, we headed to the mall.. this shitty phone had to go! And when Derek heard we were eligible for new phones w/no penalties, his exact words "Daddy needs a new phone!" LOLOLOL He is so funny..

AT&T had crappy phones for lots of money and their service plans cost more than we currently paid with them.. so we headed to Verizon and spent an hour buying new phones/plans! :) We got a Deal and paid $80 for 2 phones! These are nice phones, WAY more phone than we will ever need, for the next 30 days we get free TV and Internet, no Shit I can watch TV on this darn thing!! I'm still trying to figure it all out, it is pretty fancy and much bigger than my last phone. Hopefully most of my friends/family have Verizon so it will be free minutes to call them. We also now have Texting in our plan whereas before we did not and had to pay per text msg. Oh AND we got Blue Tooths as well, so we will FINALLY be legal when we are chatting while driving! I never wanted one, still dont like them, but I guess it's better to be legal I know I certainly dont need another ticket!

No comments: