Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Day at the Lake..

Saturday afternoon was the horse club Ice Cream Social at the Scherrer Ranch in Granite Falls, they own a private lake and the weather was perfect for BBQing, Socializing, playing games , boating and playing in the water. Derek decided he was going to give skiing/wakeboarding a try, something he had never tried before. In the back of my head, I wanted to try it too but I knew if he couldnt do it, then I probably couldnt do it. ;)

Originally he wanted to wakeboard first, but this is all he could accomplish when in the water with the board, just hovering over it. He could not get the board on his feet while he was in the water.....

so he decided to try skiing, he needed assistance getting his skiis on as you can see here..

Here's a quick video of his 1st (and last for the day) attempt at skiing, see for yourself how it turned out...


He then tried wakeboarding off the dock, here are his attempts at that...
Attempt #1
Attempt #2 (the final attempt lol)

I decided to go behind the boat with a big tube and that was a blast! I held the tube to my chest and jumped off the dock, hoping to land in the water with me laying on top of the tube, HAH that was a big flop as I bounced off the tube and rolled off into the water! As I swam to the boat I realized by lifevest was hindering me quite a bit (so I took it off) and thought.. well maybe I should just sit in the tube, so I plopped back with my butt landing in the tube hole and then I plopped right on out, backwards, did a complete backwards sumersault underwater! It was pretty damn funny I'm sure!!! So I got back on the boat again and gingerly laid on the tube this time and held on for dear life!!! John wizzed me around that lake, I almost came off around one of the corners, the entire time I was thinking "how dumb is this, you are having a blast and it is going to be the last thing you do because if you fall off, you might just drown". Children, do NOT try this at home, you should wear your lifevest at all times!!! I knew I could swim if I came off the tube, it's just that initial falling off and being under water for a few seconds that is scary... but I didnt fall off and my arm muscles paid the price for staying on! lol

We spent the night at the Scherrers with our kids, had a nice evening and a great breakfast the next day. Pretty much spent Sunday being lazy, we were tired and just drained. It might have only been a 24 hour vacation, but it was nice to get out and have some fun with good friends. Besides it's been too hot to fish or ride horses lately and although the boys are getting new shoes today, I dont know that it will be cool enough to ride anytime soon, might need to wait for a full moon and ride at midnight if this keeps up! ;)

No comments: