Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Whats Up....

Well lets start with the bad news and look up from there.. Dana's wife Terri passed away a few days ago. Sounds like a memorial/funeral will be set back a couple weeks to allow for family to be able to be in town, we are thinking of them often.

Okay, so I know I am always talkin about riding and my irrational fears, but dammit if we didnt ride on Sunday off the Dubuque Rd and come across a bear in the bushes! I wish I did not have these fears of wild creatures, but I can say that although my heart was going to leap out of my throat, I did feel a tiny, miniscule better knowing Derek could protect me! :) We are riding along and I hear some noises like some leaves are blowing in the wind and along with that I am hearing some snack crackle and popping of branches and leaves in the woods to the right of us. I am trying desperately to ignore what I am hearing, but damn if Derek didnt hear the same thing and stop his horse! A part of me wanted to pretend I was not hearing it and just keep on moving so I wouldnt have to think too much about what I was actually hearing.. lol Yes you can shake your head at me.. I am doing it myself! So anways, this "bear" walks along snap crackle pop, then stops, then walks along, snap crackle pop.. stop... snap crackle pop.. stop.. and on and on. We finally just asked the horses to keep going, clearly the bear was in no hurry to run away as I'm talking very loudly about useless things, just to be sure his path led him in the opposite direction of our trail. We never did see the bear, but no other animal would make so much noise.. well okay maybe Sasquatch! There is a possibility it was him.. I mean we didnt see it.. so who knows!!!!

Hmm.. what the heck did we do Saturday... I know we did something... Am I getting that scenile that I cant even remember 4 days ago, clearly that is the case because I dont know what we did.. OH wait! I know what I did.. I spent the entire day inside the house cleaning! lol No wonder I couldnt remember that.. who blogs about cleaning their house..

I know it is ALL over the internet right now from the folks living in the NW, but it is BLAZIN HOT and well it's just miserable at times!! We are breakin records here people.. I am puttin it out there so in the future I can look back and read this and remember.. OH Yeah, THAT was the year it was so hot and dry! lol I'm blogging this for future reference.. take note. We have had VERY little rain since spring. The temps reached 100+ yesterday and will be doing the same today and most likely tomorrow. I dont love the heat, but over the last few years I am getting more used to it, the problem with this heat though is that our animals are not used to it either and it is just too hot to take the horses out for a ride, unless one got up at 5am! I'd love to go for an afternoon ride, but at 90+ and with horses that havent been ridden much this year, they might just suffer from heat exhaustion.

Oh and finally we had a great BBQ on Sunday at our place for Shana's Bday and although too hot to play badmitton in the sun, we had quite a few games of ladder golf played and then an hour or more playing Apples to Apples!! If you havent played that game, you've got to! Its even funner with a few drinks in ya.. lol A great family game.

We have officially given up on Derek's saddle fitting Oakley.. it is out on trial with a friend (Hi Arlene!!) and I hope it fits her and her horse so we can start the process of finding a new saddle for Derek. Ta Ta for now...

No comments: