Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tick Tock...

the good thing is that Christmas and time seems to be on the slowdown right now.. the days are taking forever to get through which gives me extra time to get my projects done! :) It probably feels like the days are so long because it is dark at 4:30pm so by the time I go to bed at 11, it's been darker outside longer than it's been light practically! lol

This has been the week of the "Deep Freeze!!" as the news likes to put it.. I just call it winter.. ;) I love this cold, I dont particularly enjoy being out in it for too long of periods of time, but it is dry and other than the damn static electricity shocks I keep getting, it has been great! I dont even have to put on muck boots to pick up apple turds, hard to complain right now. Okay the downside is that I will not be happy with my PUD bill in 2 months! There, I found the negative of this great weather.

I am happy to report I have completed 4 of my 7 projects! The last 3 are still very big projects and I am realizing I have.. OMG only 2 weeks til Christmas!! Shit! Maybe I was fooling myself above in thinking time slowed down... I need every spare minute to continue crafting and well when I have to deliver hay tonight, plans tomorrow night I cant get out of, horse club dinner Sat night.. well I guess Sunday is gonna be an all day crafting marathon!! I need to put a big dent in my projects! Seems that's all I talk about lately, but seriously thats what my life is all about for now.

Work for me has been okay, can't complain since I still have a pretty secure job as long as the company is open, I am 95% certain I will continue to always have a job! Because things are slower the boss did change/cut the insurance benefits to a cheaper plan which really sucks and I'm not at all happy about that, I now have to spend $2000 more per year and my copay went up $15 per visit... grrrrrrr That big change only saves the company about $1000/yr for the cost of me, which is frustrating and makes me want to look elsewhere. If I'm going to have shitty benefits and zero long term benefits, why the hell am I wasting my time here! But there are perks and job security is a pretty big one these days..

Dereks job is going okay, he has been put back on 5 day work weeks which is great since he had been cut to 4 days. Part of me is skeptical and wonders if they are doing it so he gets his work done faster so they can lay him off before January comes and his insurance kicks in... I know it's not the most positive approach, but if I dont think worst case scenario, then I'm not preparing myself for the what-ifs in life! :)

The new plan is to use some cash and build a fire-room off the back of the shop. We have most of the wood we'll need, we are building a room that he'll put a wood stove in that will vent all the hot air into the shop to heat it in the winter. This way the fireplace is not in the shop with the fumes.. We have been searching CL for a used wood stove, if you have one, do tell!!

No comments: