Monday, December 28, 2009

Is it time to relax yet?

18 days between posts.. that is unacceptable! I will try not to go so long, but its been a crazy couple of weeks. Christmas is over (as I sit here yawning..) Time to catch back up on life.

I finished all but 2 of the projects I had going.. One I didnt even get started, will save it for a ways down the road, I am just plum spent on the whole crafting and sewing issue right now. I have one other project that is 90% done, I need to finish it because I still intend on giving it as a gift this year.. It's hard to get motivated to finish it, I am so done in my head with all this! lol

I got some great gifts this year, will be making a trip to JoAnn's in the future to spend some gift certificate money; most likely will buy some material and quilting things.. I really loved making the hanging snowman quilt this year, want to attempt making a quilt for the bed, what the hell... didnt I just say I was so done with crafting! (yawn) Give me a month or so and I'll be back at it .

It was a nice holiday season, our entire family (mom's side) attended Christmas Eve this year, which was GREAT!! My uncle Paul even came, I think its been 20+ years since he's been to Christmas Eve. We played "Christmas Jeopardy" that I put together, it was a blast! Eric & Andreas dogs got into a berry tart that was left on the porch (to keep cold) and devoured the entire pie, it was quite hilarious to see how guilty they were.

Derek was out hunting yesterday and I had enough of just sitting around, so I saddled up Edgar and went for an hour ride around the neighborhood, the first time back on a horse since Halloween. It felt great to be out, Edgar enjoyed it too. While I was riding, I videod with my cell phone Edgar's head walking down the trail and then I sent it to Derek to let him know what I was doing! He said to me "I didnt give you permission to ride my horse!" lol

This week will entail getting caught back up on all the chores I have been putting off for the past 6 weeks.. I intend on getting ALL the dishes done (at the same time!) cleaning some floors that desperately need it, maybe do a little dusting and oh the laundry pile is ridiculous!! Then I'll focus on getting the horse club books all caught up for the year and try to start the new (yawn!) year fresh.

New Years Resolution: Hmmm.. I dont usually set one, I think I want to just enjoy another year of fishing, camping, lots of horseback riding, accomplishing more projects around the farm and maybe work on shrinking my figure a little, eat a little better and just work towards maintaining a better life. :) (yawn, stetch)

Tootles for now..

No comments: