Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Still Bogged Down..

Well I have finished 1 of my.. hmmm how many projects did I take on this year? Oh that would be 1 of 7 and then there is one more I'd like to try to do if I can swing it. I am 3/4 done with one of the other big ones, 9/10th done with another big one, 1/3 done with another and not even started on one, not even started on another, oh and maybe 1/2 done on one that must be done by the 12th! :) I think I can, I think I can.. finish in time!

whew.. Well Derek still has his job, for now :( We are thinking he'll be out of that job by Christmas unfortunately, but he's got a side job lined up that will consume all his free time once he gets laid off, which is good and he's got some other ideas floating around in his head, so we'll see where the road takes us next year.. Hopefully not very far from this house, but would love to go on a financial uphill road! lol We are trying very hard not to stress out right now, sometimes we are successful and other times we have slight meltdowns.

I think I might even be too busy with projects and stress to deal with decorating the house for Christmas this year. Plus we want to avoid large expenditures (like a tree) when possible. I'm not too upset about it, I just feel overwhelmed at the moment with all that is going on and I just dont want to deal with a tree, but I definately will miss the smell and glow of a beautifully decorated tree.

Oakley is doing great in his training with Luanne and Shannon. They told me to pull him off the internet this week, they are going to work him more on the barrels next week and get video of him and then they'd like me to up his sell price to $6500 next week!! WoW. I am super excited to have a horse worth that much, Shannon is a professional barrel trainer, so I am along for the ride on this and letting her tell me how to market/sell my horse. Derek & I are really excited to see where he might end up, can you imagine maybe some day I could be watching my horse on TV at the NFR! :) Shannon believes he has that potential to go all the way with barrels, so we'll see. I'd love to offer her a deal to train him and take 1/2 of what she can train then sell him for. Might be an option, we'll see where this road takes us.

No comments: