Friday, January 15, 2010

I've been thinking about that track..

The train track.. yesterday I said we were still on track and basically we were just onboard and going where the train of life takes us. But that got me to thinking! Am I just a follower in life? Do I just go with the flow, jump on the train and go where it leads me?? I kinda think I am and for the past few months, I have been internally talking to myself about that subject and maybe not the train part, but that I am not a big self-starter in life.. I pick the easiest route and follow it. I mean, I will start projects here/there, I do get motivated and get things done, I'm not necessarily lazy, but when it comes to the "big" things in life, I think maybe I am the type of person I wish I wasnt.

This morning on the radio while they were discussing goals and new years resolutions, they said this quote:

"If it's meant to be, it's up to me."

I am thinking maybe I will try to be more like this with my thinking and change things because I can! I do a really good job and always telling myself "I cant, I cant, I cant". If I refer back to the train, instead of jumping on a train and following it where it leads me, maybe I need to jump on that train and work my way up from the caboose, through the cabins and into the engine and take that train down the track I want to go! ;) It might be a long process, it is not so easy to try to change "who" you are.. and not that I want to change who I am completely (I kinda like a lot about me) but some areas of me and my damn head could use some change and maybe a new direction.

No comments: