Monday, January 4, 2010

Bye Bye Scout


Our little bean, Miss Scout died tonight. What a really shitty way to start the new year. We recently had expanded the dogs yard. Tonight, she was out with Derek feeding the big kid (Edgar) and running around and when he came back in the house, she went out the front door and when I got home a few minutes later, she was not around. We immediately went outside calling her name and walked towards the road. When we got to the road, we started to head one direction but a neighbor kitty corner to us called to us that she thought our dog just got hit by a car. We looked up that direction and just a driveway up from us, she was laying in the road. We ran to her, but she was already gone. The car that hit her had stopped up the road a ways, but never came down so it had happened seconds earlier. I dont blame the car at all, I think when we called her name, she darted out in the street to head home and the car just couldnt stop or didnt see her, it was already 5:30 so it was dark out. She didnt suffer I am so thankful for. We buried her in our yard under a tree.

Russell was pretty confused, after we buried her, he was digging at her grave and then he stood ontop of it sniffing around trying to figure out what was going on. He is upset and of course Derek and I are very upset as well. She was a fantastic dog and I dont know what the hell we do wrong to loose our animals, but we loved her so very much and things will be unbearably quiet around here.

I am posting all the best pics I have of her, there are a lot because she is just so darn adorable!!

She enjoyed camping with us!

Derek keeping her toasty on Christmas morning 2008

We like decorating too!! Or maybe we just like being lazy on the decorations :)

All snug up in the blankey

We love to play...

but I'm not ready to get up yet! :(

If I roll over all cute like, can I just go back to bed.. pleeeaaasseeee!

this is where we belong!

PeakABoo

Pretty Kids!

Nappy time

Hey, what's your name?

Did I get caught doing something wrong?

A peaceful moment

I'm a great lapdog

The family relaxing

Scout and Samantha

2 comments:

Madelyn Kate said...

Piper & Derek (& Russell & Edgar) - I'm so sorry to hear about Scout! She was a great pup and was lucky to have shared her life with you :)

Unknown said...

My heart hurts for both you and Derek (and Russell!) I am so so sorry for your loss!