Monday, November 22, 2010

I love when Winter comes early!

Snow and frosty mornings.. I cant complain! Not a lot of snow, but enough to satisfy... for now. I am very much looking forward to the "colder and wetter" part of winter as long as the colder and wetter happen at the same time :)

I got some more pics of Cooper and Ellie and uploaded another video of Cooper with his first Duck! Derek went hunting and brought some birds home on Saturday, Cooper was all over that duck.. follow the link to see the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glsJpFTMkpA

He's doing pretty good. Only 1 potty accident in the last 6 days and it was not our fault, the little turkey marched in the house after having spent 30 minutes outside and peed right away! :( He is starting to enjoy his crate time, last night when he was tired he wouldnt even come out.

He and Ellie just LOVE eachother and love to wrestle and explore the yard together. He is helping her to overcome some of her timidness in exploring new things. I put her up on the table the other day so I could trim her butt hair up a little and she was stiff as a board, panicky! Yes I trimmed her hair because it's long and poofy and occassionally her "business" gets caught in it! lol

I know these pics look like fighting, but it's all just playtime!

Russell.. well he still pretends Cooper doesnt exist. As long as Russell gets some occassional ball time and the puppy steers clear of him, he could care less what the other two are doing. I thought he might get jealous of the puppy playing with Ellie, but so far no... Russell and Ellie still play daily as well running wild and crazy all over the living room!

Ellie likes to babysit Cooper when he is in the crate.. she's such a good girl with him, very patient but not afraid to let him know when he bites down just a bit too hard.
I spent the weekend being a home-body, babysitting Cooper while Derek went hunting both days, cleaning house top to bottom in preperation for the in-laws coming, and finally learning how to use my slightly over-complicated sewing machine! I LOVE my new machine, dont get me wrong.. but it took me a bit just to figure out how to sew a straight stitch.. lol It's all computerized so it took some practice. I was able to get a project done, Derek's xmas present and it looks great. Now I just need to come up with more projects so I can sew sew sew..

No comments: