Thursday, June 23, 2011

Odd Story

A few weeks ago a girl asked to be my FB (Facebook) friend.. Her first name was Faye and it seemed familiar, but in all honesty, I had no idea who she was. After confirming her friendship, I saw she was from Snohomish, a year older than me but her current pictures did not really ring any bells. I didnt think much of it til 2 days ago!

I am on FB and I get an instant Message from Faye, she says to me:
"Hi Piper, I just want to tell you that you were one of those friends that were never forgotten. I feel fortunate to have had the child hood experiences I was able to have thanks to you and your family. I just want you to know how much those memories mean to me. Thank You!!!!!"

Now I'm thinkin "OH SHIT" WhoTF is this girl! All I know is the name Faye rings a very tiny bell, but thats the extent of my rememberance of her.. So I apologize to her and tell her my gradeschool memories are quite faded, asked if we were in girl scouts together? I did meet some girls way back then and couldnt tell you now who they were. I told her my memory from that far back has escaped me. She then says:

"It is ok but I must say I am suprised and a litte hurt but I will get over it!! I stayed with you a lot when we were young kids and you taught me to ride but it is ok. I got to run errands and all!! Ya know how it is I am sure!!"

So now I'm feelin like a jackass.. I really hadnt intended on hurting her feelings, I just honestly dont remember her. She's musta been talkin gradeschool years and if we had remained friends through Jr High or HS I would definately have remembered her more clearly. So I called my mom, I was actually a bit upset that I made such an impact, but she didnt ring any bells with mom. I talked to dad later that day and he couldnt remember her either, says his memory is usually pretty good but she didnt ring any bells for him. We are talking almost 30 years ago! Damn I'm gettin old.

Well I decided to send her a private message and typed out a sincere apology to her, asking her to please refresh my memory, that it was not personal, I just am not good at remembering friends in my gradeschool years. Well she done UN-FRIENDED me and not only did she un-friend me, she BLOCKED ME!! If I type in her name, I cant find her on FB, yet I had Shana try and she found her just fine.. apparently I really pissed her off and/or offended her quite badly and it frustrates me that I have no way to email her and apologize, she just didnt give me a chance as she blocked me within 10 minutes of her last message to me through instant messaging. GRRR

So tonight as I was getting ready to type out this post, I pulled my Jr High yearbooks and found her (we didnt have gradeschool books back then!).. When I was in 7th grade, she was in my class, Faye Ellis. Now that I hear her first and last name, it definately rings them bells of mine, but I still have ZERO memories of her other than her name. I just feel so badly. The following year, looks like she was held back as I progressed to 8th and her picture was again posted in 7th. I'm guessing we must have been friends in gradeschool, doesnt seem like we would have been Jr High frineds since I dont remember her... But who the hell knows at this point, all I know is she didnt sign my 7th grade book. I'm fairly positive she does not read my blog, but incase so.. Faye, I am very sorry! I dont know what else to say, I am happy we were able to provide great memories for you, I wish I could remember them as well. I have lost a lot of my younger childhood memories as the years go on... Piper

No comments: