Thursday, June 12, 2008

Just Getting Started

The first Entry! I'm here to keep you updated on the happenings in our life. Derek and I both have myspace accounts as well but this might be kinda fun to try out for a while. So what's going on right now you ask? We are building a house, well we are not actually doing the building part... whew that would be tough work. I should say that we got a loan and are paying Reality Homes to build us a new house! :) We were/are responsible for a lot of the little things that actually are not that little in the end. Building decks and landings and front entry ways.. painting interior and exterior.. all the cleanup of materials because those workers are NOT clean! We have a huge pile of scrap wood to burn, we've made numerous trips to the dump (good thing it is close by). So where is the house progress.. let me tell you. We are about 2 weeks from completion... OMG! I may actually get to move back home by July 1st. That is the goal. I love my parents and have enjoyed (to some extent) living back home, but it has been 8 months and I'm so ready to have a home of my own again. Nothing against the folks at all, but living in a bedroom vs living in my own house, doesnt take a Rocket Scientist to figure out that I choose my own house.

If I was super organized I'd have some pics for this first post! But hey, I've been so unorganized lately that I keep loosing things! I just lost my mortgage statement a few days ago, have no clue where that went. I lost a check that someone gave me a month ago. I am just scatterbrained and can't wait to get to a place where I can R.E.L.A.X. mentally!

My life is lived w/o my best friend Carrie. She'll come up here/there in my blogs because honestly, I just am still struggling with her being gone and she was my life and I just cant ignore that. Some days I am sad, other days I am happy. I'll keep this first entry on the up side cuz I'm just not in a place to be sad right now. I have so many positive things going on around me to help keep me up.

So the house is close to being done, we are heading to Moses Lake tomorrow for a softball tournament, and I just got 2 new Baby Goats (Briggs & Stratton) are their names. So we are up to 4 goats (Troy, Echo, Briggs & Stratton) now and these new babies light up my day every day. The goats are at my parents for now until we get some fencing issues fixed and the pasture bulldozed. We still have Russell, he's our buddy and he's lovin life (we hope). And then the horses, Oakley & Edgar. The makings of our mini-farm who are temporarily spread out throughout Snohomish at different pastures.

I could keep going on and on and on.. but I'll stop for now. I will do my best to have pics next time! :) Thanks for checkin me out and I hope you come back again...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. I am so happy your house is almost finished. Nothing like being in your new home. The new goats are as cute as can be. I will have to bring the boys by somethime to see them. Try to stay positive and know that Carrie is happy for you too.

julie said...

Love the goats! That is also a GREAT pic of you and Edgar.

Anonymous said...

Hi Piper, I just love your blog. You are such a great writer. You should write a book. Hope to see you soon.Toni