Sunday, September 21, 2008

An Accomplished Weekend...

This has been a great weekend! I took Friday off of work so that I could help with that prize ride our club was having. Spent 5.5 hours in the saddle that day, Edgar was tired. It drizzled most of the day, nothing serious. On the way home, I was feeling a little achy as far as my throat was bothering me and my head was feelin stuffy. I fell asleep on the couch at 7:30! Woke up at 7am on Saturday morning with crackly ears, suffed up nose.. dang! And it was raining outside. I could not back out of my obligation to help with our prize ride though. I picked up Edgar who had a very sore back. I did not want to have to ride him, but again, no choice at this point. I was the only one who was scheduled to help on that day, so there was no backup help. So we did our duty and rode the trail one more time, I did find Wendy who volunteered to ride with me, so I had company. Another 3.5 hours in the saddle. Pour Edgar.. I told him he could have a few days off. He is gettin his feet re-done on Monday, he really needs it. He was a little trippy on the trail, at one point OMG, he started to trip and I knew he was going all the way down on his front end... His entire front end dropped out from under me, I had a rain poncho on with open sides and as he went down, that damn poncho flew up and over my face, completely blinding me... I had to drop the reins because pulling his head up would not help him to recover from the fall and with the fall, the reins were too short for me to hang onto. So here I am on the back of this horse, completely blinded by my poncho, with no hands on the reins, just hoping it was not my time and hoping he would recover w/o me having to fall off. Sure enough, he recovered on his own and when he finally did, I was able to pull the poncho off my face! lol It was not real funny at the time, but I can laugh now.

I'm feelin much better today, stuffy head/nose but the ear crackling is gone. yeah!

I have been advertising Oakley for Lease and had a girl come out today. She is from down south in Longview. She is 21 and is looking for a project horse to show at AQHA shows. I am very excited and really hope this works out. I dont want to get too excited, it seems they really liked Oakley. He was on his best behavior for the most part, he got kinda upset when it really started to pour down rain on us. This could be a great opportunity for Oakley and he would be shown, so I am excited.

With Oakley possibly finding a new lease home, we will soon get Derek in the saddle. He still wants to give HotRod a shot and see how that works for him. HotRod is the black horse belonging to my friend Angela. Carrie used to ride HotRod a lot, he is the one pictured on my entryway wall with Carrie riding him. A nice horse that Angela wants ridden and I think would be a great horse for Derek to build up some experience on. So I have lots to hope for this week.

I should know within a few days if they will be taking Oakley or not. So the weekend could not have been any better.. well okay, if it had been sunny, that would have been nice! :) Off to do dishes and laundry, whoopie!!

Oh and we have premiere week this week on the tube, so I'm sure my *ss will be planted in front of that darn TV all week! lol

No comments: