Sunday, September 7, 2008

Just another weekend.... right!

One more weekend gone by... So we did the dozing last weekend, here are some pics of that.
Before
Before
Before
& After!
& After!!
Oh and here are a couple of him bulldozing and then a pic of what I was doing while he dozed! It's all I could do really...


We just need to divide the pasture in half now to bring the medium children home first (goats) and then we'll bring the horses home in a month or two when we finally run out of the free grass for them to eat at their summer homes. I moved the big kids (horses) from their Roosevelt Rd pasture back to my parents. And I did it on old fashioned fuel, horsepower! :) I rode Edgar and ponied Oakley down the road, somewhat busy roads I might add. In some places there was not much of a shoulder to ride on, so unfortunately I was in the road more often than not, but I did not get honked at, cussed at, flipped off or run over, so overall, successful. It was an hour and a half ride and it felt GREAT to be back in the saddle. Oh, but at one point I did twist to look behind me for traffic and it tweaked a muscle in my thigh and whew, that was interesting to deal with.. Thigh is cramping up, but I cant get off my horse, it finally went away after a minute or two. :)

Now that the BBQ is done, the plan is to relax a little, get out and ride a little more and hopefully get some other projects done before fall gets here too quickly. I love the fall, I'm not complaining about that, my favorite time of year actually. But we need to build a shed, paint the house, move some hay, finish the pasture... all before the rain sets in.

We had softball Nationals in Puyallup this weekend. Team lost Friday night, won Saturday morning and then lost the next game. It was perfect weather, not too hot. Here is a pic of the team that was able to play this weekend. We volunteered our place for a team BBQ, probably will happen end of the month, what was I thinking! Just when I thought I could relax and not worry about things, I go and plan a BBQ here.. lol j/k It will be nice to have the guys drive north for a change vs us always coming down south.

I took a few pics of the inside of the house. oh and the fenceline as well. The neighbor did a GREAT job with the boards and it looks very nice. Now we just have to find time to burn that crap wood and get rid of that ugly mess. We are building a cover over our deck too, so there's a pic of how far we are as of this very minute. Derek is working on it as we speak (okay, well as I type and as you read if you are reading this at 5:25pm on Sunday 9/7) lol

No comments: