Monday, November 10, 2008

Girls Weekend Recap

Derek drove his parents to the airport this morning so it's back to the 60's... and I dont mean the era!

Okay, so now for the update you all have been waiting for...

Girls night! We had a great time. I am so glad we did the roller skating, that was the funniest part of the evening. I had gone into the evening well prepared that I was scared out of my mind to get up on roller skates and I think the other girls all underestimated how difficult it was going to be, which made for a HILARIOUS evening. Now Rachel & Andrea, the 2 spring chickens of our group did just fine, regardless of how much alcohol may or may not have been involved. They were out skating at a decent speed and spending more time up than down. Shana on the other hand, she spent the most time on the ground... lol She was having a great time although she did take a big spill right on her tailbone and from what I gather, she's hurtin pretty bad even still today! Sorry Shana..... Jen, she did pretty good too, she and I were the most timid and reserved. We did NOT want to fall and get hurt. At one point we were skating, hand in hand, AHHHHH.... well she got in front of me a tiny bit, and as I was trying to get even with her, I wobbled, she wobbled, she wobbled some more and I said the hell with this, I'm not goin down with the ship, so I let go just as she went down and I drifted over to the wall to turn and see poor Jen on floor! LOLOLOL. I did try to go back to help her up, but she is still, well she's not still young (HAHA), but she is definatley still.. well lets say limber and skinny and skinny bitches can get up w/o a helping hand even with rollersk8's on their feet! Me, I did not fall once, I was the only one not to fall, probably because I was the only one not drinking :) It was really fun though and a good place to people watch, I particularly enjoyed laughing at the muscled, thinks he's the shit, 35-45 something guy dressed in all black who occassionally skated with another guy all in black, but mostly on his own, doing funky things with his legs, actin like he was all cool, spinning, skating fast! gadar!! lol

We did glow, particularly during bowling. We bowled next to a couple who were very nice and they enjoyed us very much! They were our age, late 30's.. Oh Damn.. when did it become ok that we are approaching our late 30's???? I all the sudden feel so darn old. Anyways, we ALL sucked at bowling except Andrea's 2nd game, she kicked butt with her best score ever. Jen hated the lanes, they hadnt been oiled in 2 days and considering she bowls in tournaments and league, she knows what she is talkin about.. so her game was crappy. I was still sober and since we were just havin fun, I tried different techniques. We attracted different guys at different stages of the bowling. Well okay, Jen, Shana, Andrea & Rachel attracted the guys, I just spectated. lol Actually it was the shirts.. People wanted to know what was up with us, so we told our story a few times that night and it was good.. It was good to be able to do it and reinforce positive feelings about the day and not negative ones. One guy was sorry he asked, he felt really bad. He had approached Shana & I to chit chat, friendly flirting I guess and I told him we were out to celebrate my sister and he just kept appologizing. I told him, if we didnt want attention, we wouldnt have all come out in glowing shirts with glow in the dark writing on them. He was really nice, he was from Omak.

We got home that evening around 2am I think it was. Derek drove us home, Shana had called him early in the evening to ask him to plan to drive us home so I could drink, he had Tyler drop him off at our truck and he slept (well tried to sleep) while we did our thing and then drove us home. Shana thought I would be drinking, I tried, but I wasnt feelin it Saturday night, so I didnt end up drinking, I could have drove us home. Oh well, there is a pic of him with our silly glasses on, he drove with those on all the way to Rachel's house, even kept them on while we went through the drive up window at Jack in the Box! :)

Real quick, I have to get out what all I did on Saturday! Derek got up at 4:30am to go hunting, I slept til about 8 maybe. Dereks parents left around 10 to go to Dawn's for a potluck. While they were gone, I got motivated, not sure what that was about. I did watch a little TV, but then I was bored, so I went out in the rain and nailed up those vinyl roofing pieces to my shed to be the wall, I needed one more, so I went to town with the dogs (mind you I was lookin like a dog myself in a ballcap, no makeup and dirtly clothes!) went to Home Depot, bought a piece of roofing for my wall, drove to the petstore in town and bought Scout a fleece jacket, she was shaking and cold, she gets that way sometimes when she is outside or in the truck, she has no fur! Got home, nailed up the 3rd piece, reorganized the shed I had just put the wall on so that I could also fit some hay into it. When I bring the goats & horse home, I needed to put that wall up so the animals would not get inside the shed. I was going to put up fencing, but could not find the t-post driver. I then decided to move the pile of 2x6 boards from the pile by the garage to the 4x4 pile. We needed to get the wood covered so it does not get ruined. Then I decided I wanted to get rid of the garbage that was outside the house and over by the shop, it bugs me to have garbage lying around and we just hadnt cleaned it up yet, so I loaded up the truck with a dump run load, had to tarp it to be "legal" and then I headed to the dump, really startin to look attractive at this point with my muck boots on outside my ratty old jeans, a shirt so dirty from moving the wood and slingin garbage, arms had dirt on them.. after I dumped my dump load, headed to my parents to throw down a couple bales of hay and feed the goats and horse. I have started feeding once a day now, they all tell me they require it. I decided to then cut sticker bushes for 20 minutes so my horse could have a path to get to the feed tub w/o having to go through the pond which is currently still mostly empty but will be full of water within days I'm sure.. so I cut the bushes with the pruners, OMG my arms by this time were just tired, I could hardly lift them from the hammering, lifting HEAVY wood, throwing garbage, dragging hay bales and then pruning.. I finished up and headed home just in time barely to shower and hit the road to go meet the girls. Somehow though my arms were not dead-weight for bowling, they did pretty good. Although I'm sure Jen would say that is cuz my ball is so darn light a toddler could lift it! Cant say the same for the day after, today is Monday and my arms are a little sore. My legs, they are a little sore too, that roller skating is a work out in a half!! Holly Moley... My back did fine, but my back muscles were used and I could feel them, my thighs were tight.. I have to say though that after all my work on Saturday, the skating and the bowling, my lower back pain thats been bugging me for a couple weeks, is gone! I guess that is telling me to get off my *ss and do more, its good for me. :)

I guess that was a little more than "real quick!" Sunday George, Rachel & Samantha came up for the day to visit. They brought Gus with them, but not Cash. Gus and my dogs all got along so well. Russell turned his nose up just a little, but Gus & Scout were like ol' friends.. they had a good time playing. I tried to introduce Gus to the doggy door and got him through it with the help of me pushing him through, but he HATED it and later when I tried to call him to practice some more, he hid behind George! LOL So we just opened the door for him when he wanted out. It was nice that all our children could play so well together. Samantha, Rachel & I made necklaces from my bead collection. They were supposed to be bracelets, but Samantha picked out so many different beads, that we had to make necklaces instead. Can't say that I will be wearing it out in public, but we had fun making them anyways. :)

I need to find a way to get back to being tired by 11 again. My system is all off, I spent Fri night up til almost 2am, Sat til 2am and I didnt crawl into bed til midnight last night and even then I lied there for a few minutes before I fell asleep... I have to work on getting back to normal..

Oh and Scout, she is my shadow. That dog is so attached to me! Last night I had to leave to go meet Andrea to take her phone to her, Derek said when I left, she ran around whining at the doors, couldnt/wouldnt sit still and was upset. She was so upset she decided to jump on the stool and then up onto the dining table!! There was a table cloth on the table from our craft project thank goodness!!! He threw his hat at her and she jumped off, but she was really upset. When I got home, she was all over me and was happy when I sat down to relax so she could curl up in my arms. When Derek went to bed (at a normal time) he tried to get the dogs to come to bed with him, he called them and they both ran to the bedroom and not 2 seconds later she came straight back to my lap while Russell curled up in bed. I just LOVE this dog to pieces.... I cant even imagine my life w/o her.

Enjoy these pics.. this is a very long post!!


Here is my shirt and our Yellow Accessories



















Proof that we did RollerSk8! :)



























A Couple pics of all us girls.. okay I'm not in this one cuz I took it!



Rachel & Jen after throwing their balls down the lane.. or is it alley..


























Andrea havin a little fun....


























And now for Shana.. The first pic is my FAVORITE pic of the night!!!! I literally Laugh Out Loud every time I look at this picture!!!!! lolololololol
I have to say for wearing White Pants, Shana wore them very well, but guess who's NOT wearing a thong!



























and our taxi driver for the ride home.. Look at what a sport he is. :) Lou U my Person..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was an amazing post. I am so happy you girls got together and had an amazing time. I loved reading the post and seeing the pictures. I wish I had been there. It was a fantastic way to be together and remember carrie.

I am looking forward to moving back to Seattle to have more great memories with the ladies.