Thursday, November 13, 2008

Let's Go Camping!

We bought a camper last night! We've been looking for a couple months, started getting more seriuos lately. It was a little frustrating considering we have a short-bed truck and most campers are 8.5' + so finding a decent 8' or less was nearly impossible. But then Tuesday morning I came across an ad for a 1990 8' camper weighing only 1350 pounds IN Snohomish!! Asking $2250. I emailed right away, the ad indicated she was a horse person and used the camper at shows, so I felt I might have a leg up on this one.. I told the lady I was VERY interested, wanted it for camping with my horses, lived in Snohomish etc.. She emailed back and said she had a LOT of interest but everyone lived kinda far away and that I should come see it sooner than later, but she'd hold it til Saturday for me if I wanted. I said, NO WAY, we are coming tonight, I'll bring a flashlight! So we did..

It is in great shape, she is the 2nd owner, its been tarped the whole time she had it and before her, the previous owners kept it in a shop. The inside does not smell like an old camper. It has a small fridge, 2 burner stove and a sink. It comes with a portable porta-potti that is kept in a cabinet in the camper, we'll probably upgrade to an exterior potti-shower tent that we can get from Cabela's. It has a lot of room inside, I might actually be able to sit at the bench with the table in place.. I'll take pics as soon as we get it, we are picking it up on Saturday morning!

We are sooo excited, it is a nice camper and very light. We gave full price, felt it was worth it. It comes with tie-downs, although they are not the big heavy duty ones, the ones it comes with should work just fine for our truck. We will have to add a plug to the truck so we can plug in the camper and the horse trailer. Derek is planning to go hunting in E WA the weekend of the 22nd, so looks like he'll have something to sleep in instead of the horse trailer like he did last year in 18 degree weather!! :)

I am excited to get it out and use it this next year.. camping, here we come....

No comments: