Monday, November 3, 2008

Time to Glow!

Things have been great in our house with our new girl Scout! She is really a GREAT dog and we just love her to pieces. We are very thankful to her previous owners because we feel like we couldnt have found a more perfect fit for us and Russell. We did discover that although we have a BIG yard and lots of room to run, that is not enough for her and when given the chance, she will RUN! :)

It was my fault, I had a friend help me by carrying in a TV out of our garage into a back bedroom. I did not shut the garage door behind him cuz I needed to show him where to take the TV. Scout and Russell followed us to the bedroom, but as soon as he put the TV down, she just KNEW that the door was still open and she just took off... I mean she ran like her tail was on fire.. lol You could just hear her saying whoppy, yeahaw, see ya later folks!

She immediately ran to the road and Brandon took chase and after I found some shoes, I did too. I was trying to sweat talk her and she would start coming towards me, but then that look of wild fire in her eyes and she was gone again. It only took us about 5 minutes to catch her, Brandon finally did. I praised and praised her, I did not want her to think that coming to me was a bad thing. Darn dog, scared me.... I know at her previous house, that was one of the problems was that she would get out and be gone for a couple hours which is NOT acceptable at my place.

So if you come visiting, DO NOT! DO NOT! DO NOT! let our dog out of the fenced yard!

She is quite the character.. We've been leaving the back spare bedroom door open because her and Russell like to play in that room, she darts under the bed and hides from him. Yesterday I came home, Derek was gone as well, and I find 2 of Derek's stuffed tigers lying out in the dining/living room areas. They had not been chewed up AT ALL which is great, they were just lying around. I went to the back bedroom to see if there had been anything else she got into and she had also thrown the 2 huge tigers that are on the bed, onto the ground! I guess she wanted the bed to herself. In our bedroom we have a dirty clothes pile that just sits on the floor (my hamper is full of clean clothes that need to be put away!), yes I am WAY behind on the laundry issue... but anyways, the point is not that I am lazy on my laundry, it is that when we are in our bathroom, she claims the dirty clothes pile as her resting spot and curls up on top of the mound! At night in her crate with Russell, she buries herself UNDER her blanky.. I'm working on getting some cute pics of her.. Still NO poddy in the house.

So this past Sunday the girls (Jennifer, Shana, Rachel, Andrea & I) were going to get together to design some glow-in-the-dark t-shirts for our gathering this coming Saturday. We are going roller-skating and bowling Sat night. See, Saturday is Carrie's birthday. We have decided that the 5 of us would like to go out and celebrate Carrie's life on her birthday. This is a big step for all of us. It is our first time of really acknowledging our new life w/o Carrie and making her a focus of our gathering. We are not labeling this as a "cousins night" but essentially that is what it is and is the first time we have all been ready to do this again. I still dont find myself thinking of the good times with Carrie because that reminds me too much that she is not here, but I also recognize this could be a good step for me personally and I hope it brings about laughter, but I'm sure it will bring some tears as well. It's her birthday...

So in memory of Carrie and in all fun of things, we purchased some basic white t-shirts and the 5 of us were going to decorate them with glow in the dark puffy paint as the bowling alley has a blacklights show while you bowl. The shirts are tied together with a theme that Shana, Jennifer and Carrie started with cups. Jennifer is Jack, Shana is Me, Rachel is Off, Andrea is Bia and I am tch! lol Plus we have our names on them and a few other things that remind us of Carrie. We are accessorizing in yellow because yellow is Carrie's color, we have all sorts of fun things.

So on my way to run some errands prior to meeting Shana in Everett on Sunday, she calls and tells me that Jennifer is sick and Rachel's daughter Jasmine is sick! What the Heck.. so Shana is going to still meet me in Everett and we'll head to Mt Vernon to make shirts with Andrea.. I tell Shana what dogs the other girls are for baggin out! Of course I'm kidding... then a little bit later as I'm still doing my thing, Shana calls and tells me she just threw her back out and is not going anywhere!!! Bitches! I cannot believe all 3 of them dogged out on this.. Of course none of them were lying, it was just bad luck I guess. Which worked out just fine cuz me and Andrea had a GREAT time making their shirts!!! We did some shopping for yellow things, purchased things we probably did not need (she is dangerous to shop with, she loves to shop! lol). It was nice spending time with just Andrea, something I have not had a chance to do yet and I will cherish bonding more and more with her over the years. So long story, long... the 3 bitches as I like to call them will have something "special" on their shirt that is not on mine or Andreas just cuz they were not there to help.. Saturday is going to be fun, but I am very very afraid of the roller skates....

No comments: