Thursday, April 8, 2010

We reclaimed our bed!

When we lost Scout 3 months ago, we immediately allowed Russell to sleep in the bed with us every night.. before, it was a weekend only deal but we felt super sad for Russell and did not want to make him sleep in his dog bed all by himself so we just allowed him in ours for 3 months straight! Now, he is a pretty good bed dog, but he still takes up room. Last night we decided enough was enough and he's a dog... so we opened the dogbed door and he walked right in, took his treat, looked at us with an "Are you sure you want me to sleep here" look and went to sleep! Not one whine or whimper out of him, he took it like a man, I mean dog! :)

I'm sure he's known for a while that his "luck" would run dry sooner or later and it was nice that he did not complain about being demoted to dog status again. He definately is a lonely guy though and I wish December would come faster! We have made plans with the breeder of the Boykin's, so we'll be putting a deposit down on our pup this summer for a Christmas puppy.

We took Schwinn and Blue out for a ride around Lake Tye the other day.. In the Rain!! It was alright actually. My behind was a lot less sore than the first time we rode them, so that was great. We might try to get out again tonight, if it's not SNOWING when I get home! Yep, it is supposed to snow tonight... although right now it is just super windy and blue skies. This weather is almost depressing. I like WA weather, but I'm motivated to get out to ride Red and Blue (haha) and the ground is just mucky and saturated; the blue skies are far and few between these days. I'd really appreciate some better weather as we have plans coming up that I dont want to have to cancel..

We posted on Craigslist to try to find a temporary new home for the goats.. I actually got 3 responses so far of people that want some land cleared and the free use of the boys. It would be nice to find them a better place than the small corral at my parents, they are pretty irritated that they have no freedom, it is their own fault though, they did such a great job of clearing stickers, they created a path right to the fence free road!

And finally an interesting tidbit about Red.. I am wondering how long he was kept a stallion because that horse has 2 poop piles in his pasture and he ONLY poops in one of those two spots! It is a little bizarre, I'm not complaining I wish ALL horses knew this trick.. I've known horses to poop in one spot in a stall, but not out in a pasture. I miss riding, I have not even been able to use my brand new pad yet.. sad.. but riding is on the agenda for the weekend as well as cleaning up the garage... hmm we'll see how that goes!

No comments: