Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I skipped last weekend.

Well before the shitty day of today happened, I did have a good productive weekend! Even in the rain..

I started my part time job last week, did I mention I had one?? I found a lady in Monroe (conveniently lives on the road I drive home on most days). She was looking for someone to feed her horses on the occassions when she is out of town traveling for work. So when she is gone, I feed mornings and afternoons, clean stalls in afternoon and just keep an eye on things in general. It is EXACTLY what I had wanted to find in a part time job.

Wendy is a very nice person and we hope to build on a friendship with her and her boyfriend, show them the trails in our area since they just moved here.

Derek has been super busy in the shop lately, working towards making money so he can send his dog off for training next year. It was a nice Friday afternoon last week, so I came home and started burning the remains of the Black Walnut tree. When Derek finished up in the shop he came out and helped me, took about 5 hours but we got it all done and had a nice time just chillin out by the fire, having some one on one talk time and relaxing. I think we both needed the downtime.

Saturday I spent about 4 hours cleaning the barn getting it ready for the horses. It is spick and span clean!! had to drive quite a few piles of old hay and such to the back of the pasture to dump so I got soaked in the rain.. George & Rachel came over for dinner which was really nice to just sit and visit with friends. I felt bad though because we were exhausted and hardly made it to 10pm. We hugged goodbye with half closed eyelids! ;)

Sunday was originally supposed to be a day of finishing up projects, but we decided to take the day off. I cant even really recall what we did other than oversmoke some chicken, oh wait.. we did spend a few hours spreading gravel in our sacrifice area and then down the fenceline.. okay, so much for thinking we took the day off! Monday was Columbus Day which I had off and I did finally take that day to relax and went riding. Me, Wendy K and Kathy. Had a nice ride at Lords Hill and really made me miss being in the saddle.

This week has been busy and we are hosting a social event on Saturday at our place, Taco Night! :) clean clean clean.. that's what I'll be singing on Friday and Saturday.. good thing my sewing machine is broken because otherwise I would be struggling with wanting to finish my project vs not wanting but having to clean my house!

No comments: