Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Shitty Day

I am certain today is one of the shittiest days I've had in a very long time..

I woke to a good day, I was in the craft room early working on my project, I am 80% done! As I'm sewing along, my machine starts to slow down while I am steppin on that peddle and the needle comes to a complete stop.. shit! So I load it up and decide I'll take it in after work, see if I can get a quick fix done.

The guys have been workin on our fencing top rails this week, I had anticipated coming home and having my sacrifice area ready to go. Instead I get a text from my dad indicating that all the rails were set 6" lower than they were supposed to be.. meaning all the rails/nails have to be sawed off, clips have to be purchased and the guys will have to be paid to redo the entire thing. I was really upset, started crying at work and felt the onset of a meltdown... My dad made an error and I'm not mad at him at all, mistakes happen. I was just upset because I have been stressed about getting the fence done so I can get the horses home and this served as another delay and then the thought of spending another $500 or more to fix it, I just was overwhelmed with emotions. My perfect fence was f'd up and after spending thousands to get exactly what we wanted.. it just became a blow to me and I cracked.

After work I drove to the sewing machine store and as I sat in the parking lot talking to my dad about the options we had, I was crying. I feel really bad that he feels bad for messing up and he is offering to pay to fix it and although I know it wasnt my error, I cant just let him pay for it all, so I told him I would pay him back for half when I can. I felt bad for crying, I dont want my dad to feel bad.. I think I just had a minor meltdown.

So I'm sitting in the parking lot of the sewing machine place, eyes are red I'm sure... I gather my thoughts, wipe my eyes and head in to the store.. I just figured that I didnt care if the guy saw me crying, I had shit to do and places to be.. He looks at my machine and tells me I could spend $130 for him to possibly fix it, which probably only cost about that much brand new, or I can buy a refurbished much older but better quality machine for that same cost or I can buy brand new for $300.. I walked out even more bummed because now I have no sewing machine to finish my project and not sure when/how I will be able to replace it!

I get home and realize I need to go move Edgar from one pasture to another. So I drive over to Roger's place, pull in the driveway and see Edgar is already in the pasture I was going to move him to and I cant quite recall moving him.. I 'know' I moved him, I just dont really remember doing it the day before.. what a waste of time that was.

Came home to pay my mortgage (yep it's super late!) and realized the office computer will NOT turn on. S.O.A.B.!!!! I cannot get it to turn on at all, I think the harddrive died!! GRRRRRR!!! Thankfully I backed up our personal checking account info to our external drive a week ago, so I was able to restore the files to the program on our laptop.

So here I am at the end of a really shitty day! sewing machine died, fence is a mess and computer is dead.. But, us humans are all still alive, the dogs are good and the horses are fat! :) What more could I ask for....

No comments: