Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Ho Ho Ho

Ready for Christmas, with 3 days to spare even!  Took all of December (to date) to get motivated to do the shopping and just get zoned in to the festivities coming up.  Derek and I finally spent a day out together, buying presents and accomplished our goal of getting everyone taken care of within about a 5 hour window!  The list was not long but we had fun. 

Yesterday I finally sat myself down to find a craft idea (or 2) for our family gift exchange and am very happy with what I came up with.. spent the evening crafting and I think they are both pretty cool..  Jennifer is trying to get me now motivated for the ugly sweater contest, she says she's going to kick my ass with her ugly sweater, which is probably true since I havent decided if I will even do one..  I'm not cute and thin, so I cant just go to goodwill and find some ugly sweater.. although she said she hand-crafted her's, I dont know that I have a shirt I want to ruin to hand craft my own...  so I'm in a dilema.. I want to be festive, but not sure I have the shirt to do it with.

We have not put up a tree this year, I was all ready to get one a few weeks ago, but it never happened and I felt a bit overwhelmed with life, so we just didnt do it this year!  :)  Which i'm okay with, I did dig out our stockings, and the jewelry tree I made 20 years ago and another small tree I made probably 15 years ago.. so we are decorted as much as its gonna get!  lol 

Christmas came early for Derek & I this year, he needed some hunting gear and I wanted an elliptical machine, so we bought them; and there didnt seem to be any point to wrap them, since we both wanted to get right to using our gifts! 

The dogs are about to find themselves on the street if they do not start behaving.. what is with my animals!  They decided the kitchen floor would make for a fine new chewing toy and proceeded to tear up a large (highly visible) section! GRRRRR.. coulda killed them all, well except Russell who just stood on the bare spot as if to say "Do you see what those kids did!!"

I've filled my plate with one more responsibility for 2013, I was roped into becoming the Secretary for our Dog Club..  I was blindsided with the "non-spoken" request.. I accepted.  Derek is on the board, so I typically go to the meetings anyways.  Plus I am the Treasurer of the horse club this next year too, and I'm co-chair of our annual Prize Ride... the year is filling up and 2012 isnt even over yet!!  :)

No comments: