Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Plan C

Unfortunately I had to come up with plan C when it comes to the A-hole out in the barn that is still trying to kick the walls..  The chains work OK but are not 100% fool proof..  they do break off inwhich he quickly discovers this and gets back to kicking and when the chains are still in tact, he leans on the wall and constantly is still finding ways to bang on the barn.  Its driving me nuts!! 

So tonight as I sat watching TV, listening to bang bang out in the barn once again, I implemented Plan C on the spot..  At 9pm I was nailing out in the barn, installing hotwire on the wall that he keeps banging on...  So now he cant lean on it and I suppose he could still kick it, but hopefully he'll find himself getting shocked in doing so and learns to quit.  I did take the chains off, I want him to feel full power to attempt to kick or lean so he will get zapped, so fingers crossed this works.  The bummer part of all this is that its winter.. so I'm not riding much these days and riding him seems to be the only time I like him!!  :)  lol  I still daydream about owning my dream horse but I'm still not ready to put him up for sale, so he's still has a home with me for now.

Christmas was yesterday, was a non-traditional year for our family since the Schwartzenberger Family had our gathering on Saturday, the first time I can ever remember it not being on Christmas Eve!  I thought it was great though because everyone was able to attend and noone had to really leave early or come late due to other family obligations.  We spent Christmas Eve this year with my dad's family whom we have not celebrated with in probably close to 20 years!!  We also did our immediate family on Eve as well so that left Derek and I with no plans for Christmas Day.. and nothing is what we did..  :)  Unless you count waking up, making breakfast, opening presents, watching TV / Movie, cooking Prime Rib dinner and in bed by 8:30pm!
The Schwartzenberger Christmas had a competition this year to wear an ugly Christmas Sweater so this was my creation!  I thought it was kinda cute, so I'm not suprised I didnt win; however, I did take 2nd to Jennifer  :)
 
And we finally got a full Christmas photo of all that attended this year...  turned out to be a great picture!


 Derek and I have been wanting to get a logo created for our dog club, so we went to a website that designers go to and listed our wants/needs for a logo and after 5 or 6 creations were submitted, we picked this one!  We had him modify a few things to get to this final stage but we love it!!  We just hope now that the rest of the club likes it..  As we didnt ask permission to create a logo but also will not be asking the club to pay us back for it.

No comments: