Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring has sprung..

Spring is here, the weather is changing, the air feels clean..  time to start getting motivated, get outside and get some shit done!  Easier said than done...  right!

We (okay Derek) almost has the horse trailer done and ready to paint, the goal is to get it painted this weekend.. I think I've said that the past couple weekends, but Derek has been working a lot of hours at his "paid" job so I cant push too hard..  :)

We have not gone out to see any horses, probably this weekend Rachel and I will go look at one.  It can be an overwhelming, frustrating process, so I think my friend and I have come up with a new way to try to approach this, so as to not take up and waste so much of Derek's free time with the crap that tends to be, when we get out to see the horse in person. 

On a positive horse note, I "think" we have hopefully found the solution to Willie's limping problem..  He's a pansy!  Yes, I've known for a while my horse has thin skin, is a little more sensitive.. but now that has migrated down to his feet too, so the shoers have put pads on his front feet and magically, he seems to not be limping anymore.  I am not 100% convinced yet, will have to wait and see how he does with regular work and see if he stays sound, but so far so good and its been almost 2 weeks!  I've lunged him once and he appeared sound, I rode him for 2 hours around the neighborhood, he felt sound.. He will get lunged and ridden again tonight, so we will see.. my fingers are crossed.  I was really starting to worry and was picturing worst case scenario with him..  3 months is a long time for a horse to be limping!!  So I am anxious, and excited about getting him out to the arena tonight.. 

And on an even more positive note than that, I am doing GREAT with my WW!  Every week I feel like I am not going to have a good weigh in, I approach the scale with worry and anxiety.. and every time I suprise myself with continued weight loss..  I have lost 17.4 pounds in 5 weeks...  I feel some of the loss in my waistline.. pants are not as tight!  :)  I will keep moving forward, learning as I go how to eat better, reprogramming my brain after 40 years of bad habits and bad-programming!   I am still doubtful in my head that I can do it, but the reality is that I am already doing it... so my doubt comes from the fact that I cannot actually picture myself skinny, cannot see myself being able to get on my horse w/o the help of a rock or stump or stool, cannot picture myself ever being proud of how I look, or that I will get to someday shop at regular clothing stores.. it all seems like an un-attainable fantasy!  My hope is that eventually my brain will flip a switch and start telling itself that this is do-able.  I dont know what other proof is needed to flip that switch, but 17lbs is not enough to convince myself.  I have set a goal to reach by my 40th birthday in 7 months, I hope I dont dissappoint.. 

No comments: