Friday, May 21, 2010

My first clue was that it was glowing...

We recently changed 3 of the 6 bulbs in our kitchen, I know.. Exciting! For a few days, the one above the island flickered every now/then. Well Wednesday evening, that bulb was dimming rapidly.. We looked up at it and it went from dimming to almost an orangey glowy type hue.. Didnt think much else of it.

So as I'm standing at the kitchen Island slaving over Mac-N-Cheese with hamburger added, I hear a really loud POP explosion, then next thing I know, glass is shattered EVERYWHERE! That bulb popped itself out of the socket, fell inches from my face onto the counter and literally shattered inches from my body all over the house! We found glass shards well over 10' away! I felt very lucky to have not gotten cut, I'm glad I was wearing long sleeves...

Scared the shit out of me!!! (okay not literally on that) but I did scream, who wouldnt! Derek was watching TV, he heard the scream (obviously) and thought I cut myself. What a mess....

So the next time you see your bulb glowing... TURN OFF THE F*ING LIGHTS, FAST! lol

No comments: