Monday, May 17, 2010

Time to stop stressing!

I have been stressed for the past 6 or more weeks.. I got a letter in the mail from the Dept of Revenue at work and we "won the lottery" as the auditor told me! Well the auditor with the warped sense of humor came out this past Friday and I was panicky up until that day. Not because I felt I was doing something wrong, but I've been doing this job for 13 years with no guidance other than what I learned when I started the job and what the year end accountant occassionally tells me to do.. I had all the paperwork pulled that he had requested, it was organized in a box, I made comments on missing items etc.

After an hour or so, he was asking me questions and showing me where we did not report/pay $6,000+ in sales tax! I called out a big fat BULLSHIT on him and immediately worked from the defensive and demanded that he not bull me over and he WOULD listen to what I had to say about that!!! I was not about to accept I had made errors like that... Basically the reports I sent him didnt fully match up what was filed, well there ended up being glitches in the report transfer and I physically showed him HOW I do my monthly tax report, HOW I am CORRECT in paying ALL sales tax at the end of the month etc.. After a few minutes, he seemed to change the subject and move on.. lol

He did tell me in front of my boss that I was in his top 10 list of companies to audit because of how organized I am, how easy I can get things to him and how I do my job!!! I was super excited that he paid me such a big compliment and that the head honcho boss heard it, although that doesnt really mean much other than he now has heard others think I am great too! lol Now where's my damn raise that I havent seen in over 3 years??

He was able to get in and get out by about 2pm on Friday and he'll email me later with a few minor requests but all that stress had me so bound tight, I could hardly function at home.. It was a great relief when the guy left the building and that afternoon, I called Derek and told him I wanted to go for a drive after work, just to clear my head and come down from my weeks of tension. We ended up exploring Sultan and Monroe, areas neither of us had been to.. With the co-pilot of Russell. :)

The plan for the weekend was to get started on the yard landscaping, maybe squeeze in some riding. Saturday morning Jennifer and I went to downtown Snohomish, had breakfast (gossiped of course) and walked the antique street fair. It was nice to hang out with just her, something we havent done in a really long time. After the fair, I was supposed to help Derek on the yardwork, but we were going to have company over for a last minute BBQ so while he continued with developing a bark-bed, I cleaned up the house. We ended up going out to a very late dinner instead of BBQ. Sunday morning we woke and started working in the yard, set a goal and reached the goal just as the sun was starting to blaze through.. it was getting pretty warm out.

We changed, hooked up the trailer and headed out to get the horses. Stopped for lunch and as we got in the truck to drive towards Lords Hill, the sky went from sunny and nice just minutes earlier, to dark and questionable! :( As we drove, BIG rain drops started hitting the windshield. Well when we left our house, is was approaching atleast 65 degrees if not warmer, so we had t-shirts on, no jackets or raingear. We sat the trailhead parking lot under the trees holding the horses for 10-15 minutes, hoping the rain squall would pass by and after that time realized it was just going to rain, dammit! So we loaded up the boys and headed back to Roger's place and sure enough, as we unloaded and walked them to their pasture, the rain stopped and the sun came out, literally that is how it happened! ... and not that we are only fair weather riders, but we were not prepared for rain and didnt want to get soaked. So we put the horses away, went home, unhooked the horse trailer and then went to Home Depot and McDaniels to look at landscaping materials! :)

GRRR.. frustrating day but we did get a decent amount of bark-area cut out and I am excited to put bark in it this week, it will look really good. The rest of the evening we spent cooking up some yummy BBQ chicken and potatoes, watching the Survivor season finale and ending the evening pissed off at the Survivor Jury for being bitter A-Holes that cant seem to appreciate the BEST PLAYER EVER!!! :)

No comments: