Monday, October 6, 2008

I dont know what to name this post, so it is going to be blank... That is the hardest part of doing this! lol

We spent the weekend in Spokane. Well I should say we spent it first in Spokane, then driving through Idaho, then in Superior MT, then back through ID, then back in Spokane, then home.. whew.. that was a lot of driving! See this is how it worked out.... Derek's nephew Rob was getting married on Friday afternoon and being that we only own trucks now, it was not going to be a very economical trip for us. I devised a plan!! I emailed Julie who was heading to MT last week and is very close to moving her horses. I asked if she would like to pay my 1 way gas to deliver 2 of her horses to MT for her since she cannot haul all 4 in her trailer. I would save her a trip and would save her gas. So she thought that was a great idea.

We picked up 2 horses Friday morning and hauled them to Spokane, dropped them off at Toni's, pretty much unhooked the trailer, went in briefly and I mean briefly like less than 5 minutes to freshen up and change and then headed back down the road to the wedding. We were 45 minutes early to the wedding! lol It was a nice wedding and it was great meeting Rick's wife Kristen (whos wedding I missed a few weeks ago) and then to meet Rob & his new wife Alicia.

We OVERSLEPT Sat morning.. Wow!! Derek & I both woke up around 7:30 to poddy then next thing I know I wake up and it is 11!! HOLLY COW... So we got up and Toni had just gotten showered too, so she slept in as well. We hit the road as soon as we could, we needed to go to MT and deliver those horses. Unfortunately it was about 4:35pm by the time we got to Julies, walked around and realized it was soooo late, I really think an hour dissappeared somewhere and NOT the hour time zone change! We jumped back in the truck and headed back to Spokane. Stopped at a gift shop on the way, picked up some pinecone coasters for ourselves and an ornament for a xmas gift for a friend. Oh and on our way to Spokane on Fri we bought Toni & Mike their xmas present..

Got back to Spokane and again, ran in the house, freshened up and changed and headed back out the door to go have dinner with Rick & Kristen. That was nice... We had spent the day with Toni, although in the truck the whole time, it was important for Derek and I to spend some time with Rick & Kristen, rebuilding that family bond. :)

We got up Sunday morning at 6:30am, headed to the hay farmer and picked up 2 tons of hay to bring back for Adam. I utilized my skills again in finding someone that wanted some hay and got my gas paid for on the drive home too!! When we got to Adams, he had other hay there and an elevator and LOTS of help, so that was really nice to get that offloaded and done so quickly. He got a pretty good deal on the hay especially compared to prices in Western WA... ridiculous!!!

One of these days I'm going to take a pic of Derek, he is building a duck boat.. Well I call it that, but I think it is called a layout boat, as you can now guess it is for duck hunting though! :) It looks cute.. ahhh how girly is that! I hope it floats.. lol

No comments: