Sunday, October 26, 2008

Let's go back a week to what was missed....

With all the drama of Troy, I did not have a chance to tell you about my birthday weekend with the girls! :)

So a week ago (Sat 18th) we had a girls get together to celebrate 4 birthdays. Mine, Debbie's (Andrea's mom), Julie & Jennifer. Friday night I slept terribly, I was having some anxiety about a mission Derek was doing on Saturday morning. His mission was to pay a visit to a couple down in Eatonville that owes us too much money to ignore! His mission was somewhat successful, I guess only time will tell..

So anyways, I woke up WAY too early Saturday morning for a day I would be up all night! lol Mom picked me up Saturday afternoon to head to Seattle. We also had in the van, Julie, Angela, Debbie, Andrea & Andrea's gramma Charlotte and then Rachel on the drive home. A full load!

When in Seattle, we BS'd, ate some food and then decorated these bird houses.. that was really fun. A lady came with all the supplies, you just picked the size bird house you wanted, Mine is the biggest! lol I really like it. I decorated mine to represent mine and Derek's favorite colors and then put our last name on it. I cant wait to hang it up outside. It was a reasonably priced thing to do and it was a lot of fun to watch the creativeness come out in others.. Some that I wouldnt look at as girls that like to do crafts, came up with some of the more creative decorations!


After the houses, we went to dinner at a chinese restaurant in Edmonds and ate more food than our bellies could handle. It was pretty good and more than enough for each person to take home a box full.

Our last activity for the day was moonlight bowling in Edmonds.. it was pretty fun. My only complaint was that my ball stunk!! I'm going to have to wash it.. I dont know if it is the lanes or what, but every time I lifted my ball up towards my face, I wanted to gag... lol There were 13 of us there, with 12 bowling. Me, Debbie (Andrea's mom), Julie, Jennifer, Mom, Andrea, Shana, Dena, Rachel, Debbie (Don's wife), Jane and Angela bowled while Charlotte watched. The picture shows everyone except Jane and Aunt Debbie who left before we could get a picture. Bowling was really fun and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I think us girls should bowl more often!

The next day, Sunday, my friend Adam invited me to go riding out his back door with him and Tracy. He lives in Snohomish and we rode some loggin roads for about 3 hours. Had some nice views of Mt Pilchuck, saw somewhat fresh bear poop. It was a great day for a ride, a little chilly, but sunny and I look forward to doing it again.

Hmm... what did Derek do while I had my girls day, oh he went on his mission and then spent the rest of the afternoon window shopping at Cabela's down south and I think one or two more sportsmen's stores.. I think he went hunting on Sunday? I am so forgetful.... I know I didnt feel guilty for leaving him all weekend cuz he had plans himself. :)

No comments: