Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Meet Scout!!

Scout is our NEW dog!!!! As some of you know, we’ve been keeping our eyes open for a new dog for a short time now and on Monday afternoon, I found this girl on Craigslist. By Tuesday morning, the owner had responded and by Tuesday late afternoon, I was driving down to get her…

Derek had to work late so mom went with me to Auburn to go meet Scout and be sure she was going to be a good match for us. She is a 2.5 yr old Jack Russell and is sweet as can be. She was a bit restless on the drive home, confused I’m sure, she mostly stayed on moms lap and slept some.

As we were driving home, Derek called. He and Brandon had taken the front door off our house and were heading to Home Depot to buy a doggy door. He got home just as we did and had the doggy door installed within the hour. It is a nice door, double flaps to help with not allowing heat to escape, but it scares me! lol When the dogs go in/out of it, it is very loud and a noise I will get used to, but a new noise for sure. She and Russell both have experience with doggy doors in the past so they both had the hang of it within a couple tries.

Scout did have an accident on our bed the first night, she was confused. I did not get mad at her, just said NO and took her outside to finish. After that happened, we watched her very closely and made her go outside every 30-45 minutes just to be sure she didn’t have to poddy. She did poddy a couple times outside before bed and then this morning w/o me having to ask her, she ate some breakfast and headed outside and peed on her own w/o prompting. So that is a GREAT sign!

She loves to be outside, she goes in/out that door a lot! Right now she is at my feet while I type with her tail banging on my leg… lol Oh I see why.. Russell is under the desk, so she is whining and trying to get him motivated to play with her this morning.

She did not sleep well last night… we put her and Russell in the big crate bed and she whined for over an hour before she finally went to sleep. We had to turn on a lamp and a radio to get her to quiet down. She did wake up a few times and start whining, but we were pretty zonked, so she finally gave up.

I am really happy we found miss Scout. I think she is exactly what we wanted to find, she just needs a few days to relax and get used to our routine. She is 100% adorable!

I did not get any really good pics of her, she moves so fast! :) These are the only 2 that did not come out blurry...

No comments: