Monday, October 27, 2008

Now for this past weekend..

Whew life is still so busy right now! I have been getting my behind back in the saddle and that feels so great. I spent pretty much the entire summer not riding because of life in general and probably some lack of motivation too, might have been in a slump. But now I am getting out and it feels fantastic!

I had been contemplating all week whether to ride on Saturday or not. There was an annual Halloween ride in Arlington on Saturday, I've been doing this ride off/on over the last several years. With all the problems with Troy, I didnt know if I would be able to go and it was not until Andrea called Friday late afternoon and we had him put to sleep, that I realized I could go. I called my neighbor friend Molly and told her I was changing my mind once again, and going! I knew quite a few people going on the ride in different groups, but decided to ride with Molly. She had a baby about 9 months ago and I havent ridden with her this year. So I thought it would be nice to get out with her and her friends from Pilchuck Vet.

I was supposed to meet her there as she was getting a ride with someone else, but her horse Dozer who is part Percheron and part Clydesdale, would not fit in the other trailer! Her horse and Edgar are pretty close in size as far as height, but her guy is a little wider and this other trailer was pretty small for a draft horse! Apparently he got stuck at one point and they had to use a hammer to get the divider back open to let him out. I've hauled him in the past, so I drove up and picked her up. We did the ride, a nice 3 hour trail and it was fun. I didnt have time to stay for prizes, so after the ride was over, we loaded up and headed home. I dropped off Molly and Dozer, went to my house, changed my clothes and cleaned up a little, then headed to mom's house to pick her up, drop off Edgar and then we headed to Sultan to Bob's house for a card party that night. Got home from cards at about midnight-thirty! :) Had a fun time.

Toni was in town and came to visit on Sunday to see the house, we went to visit Echo, Briggs & Stratton & Edgar, and my parents.. lol

Derek worked a little more on his boat, he says it is close enough he could use it in the field as it is, but he still has a ways to go to completely finish it. I am impressed, he is doing a GREAT job! for never having built a boat, it is turning out nice. I did ask him how he was going to transport this boat, I didnt know if it would fit in the bed of our truck and he says it should fit just fine. There might not be room for anything else in the bed of the truck though.. Then I asked where he is storing his boat.. he didnt have much of an answer on that one. :) I think he'll probably store it in the shelter that we need to move over to the side of the shop. He'll have his project truck in the shelter and then this boat. Yet another project (moving the shelter and roofing it and putting up some sort of walls) that needs to get finished sooner than later, before winter sets in.

Derek's parents are coming into town tonight. They will be here for 2 weeks apparently, although not staying with us the entire time. I know they will come spend some time with us, just not sure when yet. I'll have to turn up the heat in the house when they arrive, we have the heat set at 62 degrees, which can be a little chilly at night, but we manage. I'm sure we'll have to crank it to 70 if not 75 for them, I'm going to roast! lol I'll have to bring out the tank tops and shorts!

No comments: