Monday, April 27, 2009

Burnt & Sore

I got a little more sun yesterday than I thought! I went into the bathroom last night before bed, I had worn a tank top all day and my arms turned into lobster claws! I was red as can be.. although today I dont feel overly burnt. My arms and legs are also a little sore, I worked my tail off all day yesterday in the yard, got in quite the workout and my yard is looking pretty good!

I took Edgar to the vet this morning, he has been lame for 4 weeks now and I was feeling the guilt of my friends saying "You HAVENT taken him to the vet yet!" I knew he just needed more time, but I figured I would spend some cash on him and get a professional opinion. He is not very lame anymore, and the vet confirmed that! lol She gave him a legend shot to help increase the viscosity of the joint flued and tendon fluid, we'll see if that helps. I figured spending a whopping $80 on the shot to treat what might be the problem would be cheaper than x-rays or nerve block tests to determine where exactly the issue was and then have to still spend $80 for the shot. The vet wants me to ride him for about 45 minutes to see how he does, if he gets stiff after the ride or worse the next day.. if he is the same, then I can continue to ride him, slowly increasing in time. So the vet says I can tell my friends that it was OK that I didnt take him in, he just needed time off like I had diagnosed. :)

So I am happy I get to start riding my horse again! It's been over a month!! I enjoyed riding Bandit, but I love my Edgar and have missed him. :)

Oh and Derek & I have decided (uugghhh) that we are going to get up at 5am and start doing the gym thing in the mornings so we have afternoon/evenings to ride the horses, work in the yard, shop for groceries etc.. We start tomorrow......

No comments: