Monday, April 20, 2009

Just another weekend


Derek & Oakley went out on their first trail ride on Saturday up in Anacortes. Oakley wanted to get a little amped up in the beginning of the ride, but I was able to help coach Derek on what to do to get Oakley to relax and get him refocused back on Derek.. It worked well and the 2 had an enjoyable ride. There was a long steady uphill section, we had to stop a couple times to let the horses catch their breath, it was very rocky in areas and apparently Oakley slipped at one point and went down on his chest, Derek's feet hit the ground and Oakley bumped his nose on the ground, but they recovered just fine and had a nice ride.

My friend Amber was able to ride with us, she rode Blackie Smalls..

Derek & Oakley...

Oh and here is our group of 14 for the ride (and a few horses with Oakley in the middle)
I had to ride Bandit again, which was fine. He's a good horse, a little hard headed at times, but enjoyable all the same. I think Edgar is about done with his limping, just the tail end of his soreness possibly hangin around.. I think I'll ride him this week and see how he does. I miss my horse! Bandit did rub while he was tied at lunchtime and put some pretty big gashes in my breast collar, which upset me a little, but I'm over it. It's just leather :)

Here's a pic of my new ride... Bandit! :)

Yesterday was spent more relaxing than working.. I did manage to drag myself out and get the push-mower started for the first time all year, got the back yard mowed. Tried to get the riding mower going, bought a new battery but I think we now need a spark-plug, it was trying to start. Its a perfect lawn mower for mowing the bumpy pasture, it has seen better days, but it still works, so that is great! I could NOT push mow my pasture, especially since our push mower is ALL push, it is not self-propelled.

I've been doing pretty good at the whole "workin out" deal.. I have yet to get a 5-day workout in, typically it is only about 3 days a week I get in with swimming and/or gym but its 3 days more per week than before! I felt like I had a crappy weekend, ate too much blah blah, but the scale this morning reflected 2 pounds lost, so I guess I didnt do too bad... I wonder if Edgar will notice the 6 pounds I've lost.. probably not! :)

Oh and Derek's birthday was this past Thursday, we had dinner at El Paraiso in Snohomish and then this weekend we got together with some friends/family and did dinner/movie, watched "I Love You, Man" it was pretty darn funny!

Here is my present to Derek, a handmade leather lopper holder and leather saw holder with his initials engraved in them.. I had her put D.R. F8 so I guess that is kinda funny that Derek is Doctor Fecht, but thats just how his initials work out.. maybe I should start callin him doc!

No comments: