Thursday, March 4, 2010

Driving from the Law..

Yesterday I was on my way home from work, just meandering home.. I don't think I was speeding much. Anways, I am about 2/3 along on Dubuque Cut-off Rd to my next turn and I look back in the rearview and I see a police car WAY back there with his lights on and noone between him/me. I think.. Shit! Was I speeding, was I not speeding.. Hmm, is he after me?? So I realize at this point that I have crested a slight hump in the road so he cant see me and I made the decision to speed up.. If only I can get away from him and in my driveway, he'll never see me again!

As I turn onto 44th, I dont see him behind me but I'm still worried so I continue on 44th at a faster than normal speed.. As I round the last corner to my house, I see he was just starting his turn onto 44th and his lights just shut off.. OH CRAP! So I really sped up because I only had a few seconds lead on the guy.. I rush down the road, FLY into my driveway, park the truck, jump out, and just as I'm opening the door to the house, he drives by.. whew! I made it.. My heart was racing, I dont know if he was after "me" but it sure felt like it.. lol

Probably NOT the smartest thing to do, in driving hella-fast to get in my driveway before he saw me, I would say it was definately not a shining moment in my life.. lol But I just panicked and it was so incredibly dumb to even think he was after me, he was sooo far back when I first saw his flashing lights, but he gained quick. I can only assume there must have been a call in our neighborhood and in reality I'm sure he was not after me...

No comments: